Lubegard Bio/Tech Engine Oil Protectant - VOA

Many thanks to Blackstone Labs for running this VOA at no charge.

Aluminum / 0
Chromium / 0
Iron / 0
Copper / 0
Lead / 0
Tin / 0
Molybdenum / 1891
Nickel / 0
Manganese / 0
Silver / 0
Titanium / 0
Potassium / 0
Boron / 134
Silicon / 17
Sodium / 70
Calcium / 3183
Magnesium / 10
Phosphorus / 3472
Zinc / 9
Barium / 0

SUS Viscosity @ 210F / 47.9
cSt Viscosity @ 100C / 6.64
Flashpoint in F / 430
Fuel% / -
Antifreeze% / -
Water% / 0.0
Insolubles% / TR
TBN / 3.7

I still believe if you want your oil to lubricate better, buy better oil rather than go for an additive. Its a [censored] shoot, it could help or it could counteract the additive package already in the oil.

That is nice. Thank you for posting as well as Blackstone performing it!!

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Wow. Where do we find that stuff in Canada?

I'm not from Canada but I bought mine from Amazon dot com. Not sure if that helps you or not.

I don't know what to think. They advertise it a magic ester product while its really loaded with a bunch of AP, AW and friction modifiers.

And it's not ester in the first place according to my oilyser measurements.

I bought it to quiet down cold engine noise in one of my cars (they advertise that property heavily) and the net result was more noise.

Totally false advertizing in my book.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
I don't know what to think. They advertise it a magic ester product while its really loaded with a bunch of AP, AW and friction modifiers.

I bought it to quiet down cold engine noise in one of my cars (they advertise that property heavily) and the net result was more noise.

Totally false advertizing in my book.

What was it according to your "oilyser" measurements. How can you prove it is not an ester? If you can you might have a good lawsuit on your hands. Just curious.

I went back to my notes and I my recollection was wrong. Lebegard Biotech actually did test out of scale for dielectric constant, consistent with ester. It was the G-oil that didn't. I confused those 2.

I'm still disappointed about the noise on cold engine. But, I guess it's mechanical and it's not fair to blame Lubegard on it.

I went back to my notes and I my recollection was wrong. Lebegard Biotech actually did test out of scale for dielectric constant, consistent with ester. It was the G-oil that didn't. I confused those 2.

Thanks for clearing that up, the oil additive haters would have had a field day. lol

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: spasm3
I wonder if that is Trinuclear moly?

I can tell you it is not MoS2.
What indicates this?

May be the noise is related to injectors... What car & which engine oil grade were you using ?

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Can somebody describe what we are looking at? Lubegard products are regarded highly, is this a legit product?

http://lubegard.com/C-180/LUBEGARD+BIO-TECH+Engine+Oil+Protectant

Have an oil sample report with this product coming. Stay tuned!
laugh.gif

Looks great!

Nice boost to phosphorus, calcium, moly, and TBN as a result.

Boron in that amount is pretty much negligible once added to 4 quarts of oil, etc. As are any numbers lower. Such as sodium. Enough to spike a typical UOA by what...5-10 ppm, if that?

This will boost moly at least 150, calcium and phosphorous another 300 in most typical UOA we see.

Originally Posted By: fpracha
Originally Posted By: spasm3
I wonder if that is Trinuclear moly?

I can tell you it is not MoS2.
What indicates this?

A phone conversation with the company that I had. Take it FWIW.

Originally Posted By: fpracha

May be the noise is related to injectors... What car & which engine oil grade were you using ?

LOL, I know what injectors sound like.
It's acceleration under load on cold to partially warm engine that produces a knock. Silent when hot.
GC 0W30 oil, toyota 2GR-FE engine.

I'm not from Canada but I bought mine from Amazon dot com. Not sure if that helps you or not.

It does. Thank you

Luqui Moly's MoS2 gets you more than double the moly at half the price, BUT it's not the soluble moly you see here.

Lubegard makes good stuff, I'd think this make a great boost to something like PYB that already has a good bit of moly.

It does. Thank you

No problem, glad I could help!

Back