Oh yes! F1 Abu Dhabi

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a long wait.
smile.gif

XG4VM.gif

A6304vkCIAEg8Q6.jpg

Latter picture refers to KR vs. his race engineer discussions.
smile.gif

It was a good race. Ten more laps and the outcome may have been different. Good to see a old name like Lotus rise to the top.

The F1 season has been one of the best ever this year. I can't wait to see Austin. F1 has clearly regained it's position as the world's premier racing series.

That was a good race. I'm kind of an Alonso fan so it was too bad to see the second safety car which bunched up everyone for Vettel to pass. It's also too bad Alonso couldn't have kept closer to Kimi for that second restart and maybe passed for the win and a bigger points spread to Vettel.
I think unless Red Bull screws up again or the car fails, Vettel is going to take the title in anything close to normal races. The Ferrari just isn't quite quick enough.

What an incredible season. Maybe it'll come down to the wire in Brazil. Wasn't it there a few years ago that Massa was world driver champ for about 9 seconds?

It was a great race. I loved the Kimster's radio messages. I have been a Schumi fan for a long time, it's sad to see him languish at the back of the pack.

^^^LoL at Kimi & his radio reply's "Leave me alone"!!!

One of craziest F1 races Ive seen. Hamiltons issues, Nicos crash, Vettel coming from behind, Kimi w/the win

COTA in 2 weeks. BTW, Ive got an associate here at work that is working a flagging corner at Austin (Most will be SCCA folks).

Great season for sure. NASCAR had a great finish as well. Did not want JJ to win but he is almost unstoppable

Joe

EDIT: Hey Finn, How come they dont speak the mother language to Kimi while driving?
Also, some of the biggest drinkers of the bubbly on the podium, WOW?

Last edited:
I am trying to make it to COTA for the Aussie V8 race in May, might be lucky enough to swing the USGP as well.

I think it was rose water at this race, Muslim countries frown upon champagne.

Kimi is gold, we need someone like that in F1

I've got my tickets for next years' race here in Melbourne. I go every year. I'd love to go to Austin, maybe next year.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I loved the Kimster's radio messages. I have been a Schumi fan for a long time, it's sad to see him languish at the back of the pack.

I laughed, too. It's not like he's never done this before and has no idea about keeping tires warm.
wink.gif

With respect to MS, we can take some solace in his performance this year. When he's not plagued with a failure or a collision, he certainly can move up in positions. He may not be raking in the points, but he certainly can move up the grid nicely when things don't blow up in his face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wr2C7Niak8&feature=youtu.be

so classic - he'll be the grouchiest old man when hes older

the reason Alonso didn't attack Kimi at the end was the risk, prob team orders from Ferrari - if Alonso crashed w/ Kimi it wouldn't matter to the iceman but it would be disaster for Alonso and merry christmas for Vettle.

Also, it wasn't champagne on the podium, it was some kind of juice or rosewater as the commentators said.

My new name for Fettle - the Magic Man

I liked to see Kimi win, and have been pulling for Alonso in the Championship. But with his come-from-behind performance, Vettel has all but cemented a 3rd-straight driver's title. It was an heroic performance.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
It was a great race. I loved the Kimster's radio messages. I have been a Schumi fan for a long time, it's sad to see him languish at the back of the pack.

I was initially disappointed when MS "unretired,"somehow hoping he'd preserve his God-like record in the sport, but I now realize that his pure love of F1 trumped everything else.
IMO, the good thing about MS's current performance highlights the fact that to win in F1, everything & everyone must perform at a near-perfect level. This doesn't hold true in other forms of racing.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
But with his come-from-behind performance, Vettel has all but cemented a 3rd-straight driver's title. It was an heroic performance.

He just about had a bit of a "moment" on the team radio when he nailed that styrofoam block during the safety car. He was not a happy camper for a minute or two there.

Now, they need more Infiniti logos and I'll be happy.

i also want Alonso to win...even when he was at McLaren

but that Fettle just doesn't make mistakes! and Mr. Newey
also did you notice on the podium, Fred was the only one who didn't use the F word. he has better manners than kimi or seb

Interview w/ Fernando Alonso

Was it worth for you to have done so many sacrifices in your life?
Yes, this is my life. It’s what I enjoy doing. For me, I’m someone in a single seater with a steering wheel in my hands, it is natural.

How many things do people not know about you?
Lots. In truth, they shouldn’t need to know who I am. I believe that what they should only be interested in is how I perform in a car.

You are not the typical driver that sees himself as a superstar…
I'm a very normal person. People who know me well know that I haven’t changed.

You know that many people say you are the best…
The only thing I know is that I can take one hundred per cent performance of any car that you give me. Now if people say that I'm the best...no I do not think I can say that.

After so many victories, have you learnt how to lose?
Yes, I have learnt how to lose because with age you learn to know the world better, the whims of destiny and the sport itself. It is impossible to have a victory every time that you go on the track or to do it year on year. It is a simple rule of life.

But there are moments when you are ready to win and you should take advantage of those moments
and the only thing that you can do is to give all you can and try to improve as quickly as possible.

Another race leaded by Lewis Hammilton (he won the poleposicion again) and another race ruined by ¨technical reasons¨ (only one race ago he was leading also and he had to abandon for ¨technical reasons¨ to, as so many times in the last years.
I feel sorry for such a talented pilot, being ruined his carreer in a such an ungly way.
I expect Vettel to gain his 3 championship this year, he is doing it greatly (as obviously Hamilton who is my favourite is having so many ¨technical desasters¨ this year), I'm absolutely not a fan of Alonso.
Great race for Kimi also.

Last edited:
He is a pilot, not a mechanic, it's impossible to ¨improve his mechanical reliability¨ because the mechanical reliability of his car doesn't depend on him, this is the job of engineers, mechanics, etc. He do what he has to do in a brilliant way - he gain poleposicions and lead races, but what doesn't depend on him is the reliability of gearboxes, engines, electronics, etc. There are other people well-paid to do the mechanic stuff.
IMO it will be a hard way to go because Hammilton will need some time to get used with the new car and it takes time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back