Anyone use Cal-Van Tools 247 One Man Brake Bleeder

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can it work with "no springs, diaphragms, or moving parts"?
It is a one way valve - it has to have parts inside - I distrust them after that statement.
This could work well, depending on quality.
For not much more, a knock off Mity Vac is a great option.

Last edited:
What about something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Mityvac-MV8000-Automotive-Test-Bleeding/dp/B00265M9SS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352080135&sr=8-1&keywords=Mityvac+%28MITMV8020%29

It isn't very expensive. Would this be better?

I used this the last time I bleed brakes Lisle Brake Bleeder

Simple and cheap. A little messy pouring out the brake fluid if you're not careful. I've been thru 3-4 mityvacs, not because there bad but somehow I keep losing them. I didn't want to drop $35 for something that I wasn't going to use for years again but was very pleased with spending $7 and getting the same results. Also the time it takes to bleed them was around the same. Only difference is that I had to hop in and out the car to pump brakes but for $30 less who cares.

I watched some videos on Youtube and some research on Honda forums. I am just going to make my own. A one way valve (aquarium accessory) and some clear tubing and an empty windshield washer bottle.
I'll have my friend pump the brakes and I will watch under the car. I can make this and it will only cost about $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back