MMO Gallons at Walmart no more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three Walmart's this weekend, all three without MMO in gallons on the shelves. Anyone else seen this at their own Walmart's?

My guess is the legal department decided they didn't like the liability factors that can come up selling this snake oil.

Just easier to carry Techron because independent certified SAE tests prove it to be effective at keeping the fuel system clean.

What can MMO prove? LOL

Have not seen gallons of MMO at Walmart in a couple years. I am now using Super Tech TC-W3. Cheaper and more effective.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
My guess is the legal department decided they didn't like the liability factors that can come up selling this snake oil.

Just easier to carry Techron because independent certified SAE tests prove it to be effective at keeping the fuel system clean.

What can MMO prove? LOL

You'll upset the "mmo is great" crowd. Especially the last two lines
smile.gif

I saw gallons once at WM, loaded with dust, not a hot seller like the qts are. Besides every once in a while there are deals on qts that made it cheaper than gallons if you bought four.

The only place Ive ever seen gallons is at pep boys.

Supertech TCW-3 is obnoxiously stinky. The MMO gallon bottles pour horribly.

I agree to keep an eye out for quarts on the cheap. Gallons sell for like $19.99, so you can do better.

What can MMO prove? LOL

Well since they sell Lucas Oil Stabilizer, I doubt that is an issue.

1 of my 4 walmarts carries the gallon jug. It is the only one that ever has carried it.

I like the 13.94 price! I have stocked with AAP 20% coupons. 4-32oz comes to 17.57.
Gallon means $0.11/oz I do 6oz at a time so $0.69/gas fill is plenty cheap insurance. Good thing I've saved a couple empty bottles to reuse.

What can MMO prove? LOL

Just curious why you think it is "snake oil"? I have never used it in automobile applications but I have found it to be a good light weight general purpose machine type oil. Am I missing something?

Originally Posted By: morris
is there a test that shows MMO is harmful? i have been using it for about 3 decades.

If you look at your car's owners manual (most any car from the mid 80s or late 80s on...it will usually state that adding non approved additives to oil and gas could cause potential damage and void a new car warranty.

The only generally approved additive I know of (by most car makers) is PEA gasoline detergent found in Chevron Techron, Gumout Regane, and Redline LS-1.

I don't know about the others, but BMW sells fuel additive under its own brand. (Bottle looks like Techron.)

Darn you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was in one of my neighborhood twenty-four hour Wal*Mart this morning stocking up on the Halloween candy. Recalling this thread on MMO gallon jugs, took a walk over to the auto section and lo-and-behold, there were two jugs on the shelf.
Just to be on the safe side, I liberated one jug. Even though I already had almost a full gallon jug at home.
The Subject of this thread scared me, so thought one more at home shouldn't hurt. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back