Civic at 100,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motor1.jpg

Motor2.jpg

Ran Mobil "Clean 5000" and Purolators for the first ~30,000 and Mobil1 and Honda filters since (excepting a Mobil1 filter one time).

Originally Posted By: Artem
Looks really good. What intervals did you run the Mobil Clean 5k at?

I will have to go back and look at my records to be sure, but I think usually ~5000.

The M1 has been ~7500.

Edit: It is a 2005 Civic.

Last edited:
It looks quite clean, though that's what happen when you own it since new and know there were no 30K OCI's with 2 qts. in the sump! I'm curious, how were the valves @ 100K? I'm suspicious of going that long, but I also know the engines have changed over the years. Intake valves tight?

Originally Posted By: JOD
It looks quite clean, though that's what happen when you own it since new and know there were no 30K OCI's with 2 qts. in the sump!

That is true. Thinking back I may have used quite a few Honda filters with the Clean 5000 as well.

Originally Posted By: JOD
I'm curious, how were the valves @ 100K? I'm suspicious of going that long, but I also know the engines have changed over the years. Intake valves tight?

They were actually all slightly above (loose) the tolerance spec (pretty much evenly so) and I set them to the spec using a go/no-go gauge.

Insane to see a car that is 7 years old look that good under the hood.
Not gonna happen here.
My car is a 2011 and its so much dirtier under the hood. Rust proofing and all that.

Although under my valve cover looks like that too..
laugh.gif

Beautiful!

Honestly, this is a nice endorsement for Mobil 1. ha-ha. I mean, other oils may have had the same result, but here we see a real life report!

I love that you told us the oil change history and posted the images because it really shows what is possible when you take care of your vehicle.

Terrific job inside and outside the engine. I would be oh so proud to own that car!

Keep enjoying it and the oil changes!

My daughter has an 05 Civic LX. When I did the timing belt, you have to remove the valve cover and put a new gasket on it.

I was shocked to see the internals as clean as what you showed.

Normally the car gets oil changes with whatever dino 5/20 I find, but normally QS. Those engines just are clean and tight.

It has 100K on it now. Runs well.

Interesting thing on the owners manual... It says the oil filter only has to be changed every OTHER oil change. 7500 miles per oil change, so 15K on the filter.

I change both at 5000 miles which frankly is too early. I wouldn't freak if I didn't get to it until 10K though.

Originally Posted By: volvomix
My daughter has an 05 Civic LX. When I did the timing belt, you have to remove the valve cover and put a new gasket on it.

I was shocked to see the internals as clean as what you showed.

Normally the car gets oil changes with whatever dino 5/20 I find, but normally QS. Those engines just are clean and tight.

It has 100K on it now. Runs well.

Interesting thing on the owners manual... It says the oil filter only has to be changed every OTHER oil change. 7500 miles per oil change, so 15K on the filter.

I change both at 5000 miles which frankly is too early. I wouldn't freak if I didn't get to it until 10K though.

You can see the dramatic results though of your 5000 OCI. Seems like it worked well with the conventional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back