My floor mats keep sliding...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody. I have WeatherTech floor mats. The rear floor mat keeps sliding when passengers get in and it's really annoying. Any ideas of what I can do to keep them from sliding?

Last edited:
I'm having this problem too. Especially on the drivers side. And when I have passengers in the back they always seem to move the mats up under the seats

Ask your local Toyota Dealer
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: FirstNissan
What do you secure the velcro with, glue?

Rivets may not be a bad idea on top of (or through
smile.gif
) the glue.

Originally Posted By: FirstNissan
What do you secure the velcro with, glue?

No. Velcro strips have their own sticky back. I used the industrial strength one that's made for rough surface/concrete.

I once used an actual universal clip that was made for this purpose. Can't seem to find them anywhere anymore. Double sided carpet tape may be good. It pulls up when you want it to, but you'd have to replace it every time you removed the mats for cleaning. The shelf liner idea is pretty good, too. I have used big pieces of that in the trunk to keep stuff from sliding around.

i find this odd, i have the laser cut weather tech floor inserts and there rock solid (dont move a inch) in both my silverado and my wifes accord.. I know weather tech makes a more economy "floor matt" is this what you have ? the cut/trim to fit getup ? if so i recomend the laser cut "custom fit" inserts.. worth every penny in my opinion.

i pull them out once every 6 months or so and power wash them too, look brand new everytime.. but they are expensive.. food for thought.. I will never go back to a floor matt again.

good luck

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: johnsmellsalot
These are the kind I have. Only the ones in the back slide. http://www.weathertech.com/chrysler/2008/pt-cruiser/floorliner-digitalfit/

these are what im talking about.. Odd yours move.. ours are actually a bit of a hassle to get out becouse they stay inplace so well.. Id consider some heavy carpet screws (like what came with the driver side matt.. drill yourself a few holes up in the corners and add a few plastic carpet screws.. that should more than solve your troubles. good luck !

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: johnsmellsalot
They are the correct mats and I don't want to drill anything into my floorboards.

Drill holes in the plastic mat.. get "carpet screws" there short fat (PLASTIC) screws that just dig into the carpet and no further.. there the same short fat screws that should have come with your front driver side ..

I still find it odd yours are moving around..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back