Poly Bushings - Super Lube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That GP Super lube is NOT silicone based. It is a PAO blend.

I see no reason why your Schaeffers should not be used in this application. It is also a PAO blend and polyurethane should have no issues with oil based greases.

Sorry, just have to gloat: the Super Lube was randomly for sale on Amazon for $1.25 per 14oz tube... I skeptically bought 8 of them, and apparently they've shipped. Price went back up after an hour or so.

Originally Posted By: JZiggy
Sorry, just have to gloat: the Super Lube was randomly for sale on Amazon for $1.25 per 14oz tube... I skeptically bought 8 of them, and apparently they've shipped. Price went back up after an hour or so.

That is an INSANE price for those!!!
crazy2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

BTW; UMI, which manufactures poly bushings/greaseable mounts, and their own 'Roto-Joints', DO suggest the Super Lube general purpose, synthetic, PTFE enriched, grease for use in ALL of their products (is that where you heard the suggestion??). They even sell it (for ~$15.95 a 14 oz. cartridge!!) on their site.
My local True Value mom & pop gets $6.95/tube.

Finished my bushing project. This super lube is much easier to handle than the #238 I had originally planned to use. Very creamy with low tack. It also pumped into the channels I cut much more easily. Seems like a good fit. But I will stick with the heavier EP stuff for tie rod ends and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back