The latest results from my ARX test are up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies, I missed that comment.
pat.gif

kickster you really need to go back to the start of the Aaron/Frank "correspondence" way before his test started. Then you will have a better understanding of how useful this test is.

Kickster:
You are entitled to your opinion. Actually, my cynical attitude is what started this test so I understand where you are coming from. If you really think I am somehow working with Frank then there is nothing I can say that will change that.

However you will have to excuse some of the other guys here as they roll around on the floor laughing their hindquarters off.

Terry:
Thanks.

Hello Aaron,
Just asking as common sense, Why did you change light to white when taking "after" photos?

I think, this is marketing policies. Just like in commercial, they always saw "fat body" photos close and "slim body" far away compared to other.

Why did you change light to white? Before and after photos, why there are brown and white photos?

I know more carbon will be shown better in white light

Waiting for reply.

Wish my engine came out like that. I was planning on doing the same thing but circumstances prevented it.

One question:
Did the second cleaning phase seem to make a difference more then the first. I haven't noticed a difference after 1 treatment, other than a new oil leak.

-T

Congrats Aaron!

But.... I just don't get it. How come I followed the high mileage treatment instructions perfectly on two cars ('99 Passat and '92 Sentra), and I saw none of these results? My a Passat still has sludge under the valve cover and the Sentra's cam looks just like it did when I bought it 16,000 km ago. Neither car experienced improved mpgs and the Sentra burns and leaks exactly the same amount of oil it did when I bought it. I'm happy for all you satisfied users, I however, am feeling a little confused and empty.

Well I am not going to repeat myself. I am doing my own test with Auto-RX and I will see if it makes any difference! So far I have finished the cleaning cycle. The engine is making same amont of starting valve noise if not more. 3 more cycles to go then I can judge it myself.
fruit.gif

Aaron, marketing for Auto-RX ?? you are kidding ... yeah sure..... I'm pretty sure that Frank Miller and Aaron still don't speak after that fiasco.

Patel you need to go back and read the diatribe that lead to this test. I certainly called into question Aaron and his test. I don't care what kind of light was used that is a much cleaner engine by any measure.

I am currently collecting analysis data for The American Motorcycle Institute for publication using Auto-RX with Harley 20w-50 in a 2002 HD twin cam 88 ci engine.

In preliminary testing that is backed up with teardown we saw a 50 PSI increase in cylinder compression readings in a 11,000 mile engine. This engine has had 2000 - 2500 mile oil drains of HD 20w-50 for its short life and that kind of gain in performance is not marketing !

More when we finish.

Yuk, Man I need to help you, do you do oil analysis on those cars. If not we need to.

www.bobistheoiguy.com/terry.html

My hindquarters are coming off !!!!!!!

Bob Winters are you reading this, stop the laughing man....

Terry

quote:

Hello Aaron,
Just asking as common sense, Why did you change light to white when taking "after" photos?

I didn't. Well, at least not exactly the way you are thinking.

The photos were all taken using sunlight only except for a few shots in the first pictures where the flash was used.

Now before you go thinking that the flash was used as some sort of trick, consider this. Using the flash in the original images would only serve to make the engine look cleaner then it really was because it would "lighten" up the darker areas. This is not what you would want if you wanted to show a really dirty engine at the start of the test so in reality, the flash actually made it seem like there was less cleaning then there really was.

As for the rest of the lighting (sunlight). I have no control over this considering the photos were taken weeks or months apart.

quote:

One question:
Did the second cleaning phase seem to make a difference more then the first

Yes, both visually and compression wise.

The second cleaning phase was also the first time I saw the oil get extremely dark. During the earlier cycles it got a bit dirty but but now so much that I got the impression a lot of crud was coming off the engine.

quote:

How come I followed the high mileage treatment instructions perfectly on two cars ('99 Passat and '92 Sentra), and I saw none of these results?

Sorry, I'm not really the one to answer this as I am not trying to sell the stuff. (whether you believe this or not)

I will say that (imho) the average car does not have the poor compression readings that mine had at the start of this test. Also of the cars that do have such poor compression, it is usually due to mechanical issues that will only be corrected through a teardown and rebuild. In my case I suspected that my car had stuck piston rings because of a multitude of factors I won't get into here. Suffice to say, my results would only be repeated if your car had the same problems as mine. The stuff definately cleans though.

Did you bother to perform a before and after compression check on these cars?

quote:

....Sentra burns and leaks exactly the same amount of oil....

I mentioned in this thread that my car seems to be burning a bit of oil and I mentioned a possible reason. Did you read that?

quote:

Yuk, Man I need to help you, do you do oil analysis on those cars. If not we need to.

No I haven't. I'm going to have to do a major rebuild or swap on the Passat, so an analysis at this point would be pointless, and I'm only just settling into a normal OCI with the Sentra, after having done the two ARX treatments.

quote:

I mentioned in this thread that my car seems to be burning a bit of oil and I mentioned a possible reason. Did you read that?

Yah, I read that. My comment was not really directed at you, it was just a general statement about how I saw no change in my car's performance. Sorry about the confusion.

1. Most wanted UOA's of before and after Auto-Rx. They are posted in various UOA's.

2. Once the UOA's were posted, posters wanted pictures of the before/after. They are posted.

3. Aaron, again Thanks for your pictures. They are what everyone wanted and can be accepted or rejected.

4. This thread is questioning Aaron's integrity and is history.

spaz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back