low milegage but long time, when to change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are not really exact comparisons to the OP Skyship.

You can't use a comparison of a Chevy Volt were the engine is basically a generator and not in any way connected to the wheels and in a big rig when OCI are an awful lot higher.

Mobil Delvac oils can be used for up to 80k km's in certain uses according to Mobil, but there is a lot more oil in the sump and be engine and oil is designed for it.

Though I don't think many big rigs or commercial vehicles will have OCI I dictated by months or years very often.

Would you be happy to run your car on biannual change?

I wouldn't, but would you?

Seems a silly way to save £40/50 or in US $20/30 if oil is bought with rebate or in sale.

If you look at my last post it gives a link to show that both VW and Audi have set their oil condition monitors to 2 year intervals and the old one year limit for dinosaur oils is in the process of being dropped.
I would not hesitate to use a modern fully synthetic oil for 2 years and have never read of a modern oil that showed any evidence of breaking down just from time factors alone. Blackstones even posted the UOA for a vehicle that kept its factory fill oil in use for 15 years and it was still good.

Originally Posted By: bigjl
These are not really exact comparisons to the OP Skyship.

You can't use a comparison of a Chevy Volt were the engine is basically a generator and not in any way connected to the wheels and in a big rig when OCI are an awful lot higher.

Mobil Delvac oils can be used for up to 80k km's in certain uses according to Mobil, but there is a lot more oil in the sump and be engine and oil is designed for it.

Though I don't think many big rigs or commercial vehicles will have OCI I dictated by months or years very often.

Would you be happy to run your car on biannual change?

I wouldn't, but would you?

Seems a silly way to save £40/50 or in US $20/30 if oil is bought with rebate or in sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back