Any full syn high milage oils?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I plan on changing the oil this week in my malibu due to some fuel dilution issues I had because if overdosing on a fuel additive. The car has almost a 117k on odometer, and burns about 1 qt every 2200 miles or so, I've had many members reccomend Maxlife, but I think I'm leaning towards Defy, but I'd love to try a full syn high milage oil, but is there such and animal?

Mobil 1 has high-mileage oils.

I'd use either Maxlife or Defy myself before burning off much more expensive M1.

Maxlife full syn does exist, but it's hard to find. Not sure why you are insisting on synthetic. regular maxlife is a syn blend and works great.

+1. You can get the MaxLife in the red or the NexGen green jug. IMO....it is all good.

Originally Posted By: tinmanSC
Maxlife full syn does exist, but it's hard to find. Not sure why you are insisting on synthetic. regular maxlife is a syn blend and works great.

Valvoline, arguably, has the best High Mileage formulations. Mobil 1 would be my 2nd choice. M1 would be my first HM choice if I needed a very good high temperature oil.

I would not limit your horizon on just "Full Synthetic" if you can use Dino HM oils.

IMO....Mobil Super HM, Pennzoil HM, Castrol HM with Synthetic and Walmart HM Dino oils are all very good and should be considered in making any HM selection.

Originally Posted By: driver123
Well, I plan on changing the oil this week in my malibu due to some fuel dilution issues I had because if overdosing on a fuel additive. The car has almost a 117k on odometer, and burns about 1 qt every 2200 miles or so,

I want to know more about the fuel dilution due to too much fuel additive.
confused.gif
How'd it get in the oil?

Also, did you really burn 1qt in 2200 miles even with the G-Oil or was that a long term avg from other oils? IMO I'd say G-Oil is about the best "full synthetic" "HM" (sorta) oil you'll find. At least for the ester detergency and seal-conditioning properties. What aspect(s) of the HM oils are you looking for in particular?

Also, why is this thread in the diesel forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back