Do they sell Hamms beer where you live??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been seeing alot of good beer threads here lately so here's mine.

I'm trying to find Hamms beer. They don't sell it in Virginia or any of the 7 or 8 nearby states that I have been to in the last several months.

It's not the greatest beer, but it brings back great memories of my late father in law, who always offered me a cold one when I visited. He didn't have alot of money so he always bought "budget" beer's.

They had it in San Antonio TX last time I visited. But I was flying so couldn't bring any home. Thanks, Tom

Sure do.

I toured the brewery on the East side of St. Paul 30+ years ago. Free Beer + fantastic smells.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Sure do.

I toured the brewery on the East side of St. Paul 30+ years ago. Free Beer + fantastic smells.

Good..I've got a brother that lives in Lakeville. Next time I visit, I'll bring home a few cases!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: daddi
Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Sure do.

Good..I've got a brother that lives in Lakeville. Next time I visit, I'll bring home a few cases!!

A neighbor. I fish a lot in Lakeville.
smile.gif

Hamms......haven't seen it in at least thirty years. My old man used to buy it from the local Armanetti's in the 70's when I was a youngster. Hamm's was also my first clue that Santa didn't exist; got ready to leave out a plate of cookies and milk when he suggested that Santa might appreciate a change of beer and a pretzel stick. I was a little wiser that day....

Hamms was the first beer I ever tasted. I grabbed one out of the fridge and high-tailed it down to the creek. I wasn't impressed, but what did I know.

I remember Dad opening the fridge, seeing a missing beer, looking at me, and shaking his head as if to say, "No, it wasn't him. Who could it be..."

I can get it cheap here. It's around 9 bucks for a 30 pack. Problem is, there's something in that beer that just gets you stupid, stumbling, falling down blackout drunk.
I won't buy it anymore, even though I don't really mind the taste of it.

I don't understand this either... Why does Hamm's hit you harder than other brands? I can drink Busch Light like it's my job, but if I were to drink the same amount of Hamm's, I'd probably be running around the yard naked kicking a beach ball and singing Nickelback songs.

Originally Posted By: GT Mike
I can get it cheap here. It's around 9 bucks for a 30 pack. Problem is, there's something in that beer that just gets you stupid, stumbling, falling down blackout drunk.
I won't buy it anymore, even though I don't really mind the taste of it.

I don't understand this either... Why does Hamm's hit you harder than other brands? I can drink Busch Light like it's my job, but if I were to drink the same amount of Hamm's, I'd probably be running around the yard naked kicking a beach ball and singing Nickelback songs.

Light beers do have less alcohol content then heavy beers.

I should have been more specific... Hamm's Special Light is what I was referencing in my comment. I prefer a light beer.
Still, light for light, Hamms Special Light will still get you just ridiculously hammered compared to a comparable amount of Busch Light, Bud Light, Miller Lite, etc.

When I go out to a bar, I tend to drink MGD 64. I can drink that stuff all night and it doesn't hit me very hard at all.

Us WI folks can put away the beer too, but I needn't point out the obvious.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: GT Mike
I should have been more specific... Hamm's Special Light is what I was referencing in my comment. I prefer a light beer.
Still, light for light, Hamms Special Light will still get you just ridiculously hammered compared to a comparable amount of Busch Light, Bud Light, Miller Lite, etc.

When I go out to a bar, I tend to drink MGD 64. I can drink that stuff all night and it doesn't hit me very hard at all.

Us WI folks can put away the beer too, but I needn't point out the obvious.
wink.gif

MGD 64 2.8 ABV
Bud Light 4.2 ABV
Hamms Special Light 4.1 ABV
Miller light 4.1 ABV

Founders 2010 Nemesis 12.0 ABV is what I will be drinking tonight. Most of the big mass marketed light beer are all about the same 4 to 5 ABV across the board. Non light Beers from the mass marketed are about 5 to 6 ABV really not much difference.
when you start drinkig real beer then you can start getting it to some big ABV but your going to have to pay a price.

That's what has me so puzzled. Of the beers I mentioned, they're all of similar alc. content. Why one brand would make a very seasoned consumer of mass quantities of beer react so much differently than another is what has me scratching my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back