Stanley Fatmax 1/2" Impact Gun IR rebrand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a sale on a Stanley Fatmax 1/2" Impact Gun, and it looks very similar to a Bluepoint/Ingersol Rand impact I use at school.

Has a selector switch on the back that is the same, and some angles on it look very close.

It looks like an older IR model, sits high on the hand.

I got it for 80$ on sale and it came with a free 3/8" drive air ratchet. Figured it would be good to have if I have two part time jobs or in case one breaks.

Heck, if it is just an Ingersol at that price, maybe I'll get a second Fatmax / air ratchet deal at that price.

Here is a link of the gun so you can check it out:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/6/Tools/1/CompressorsAirTools/AirTools/PRD~0588180P/Stanley+FatMax+1%2B2-in+Impact+Wrench.jsp?locale=en

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I cant get your link to work. I reciently picked up a 1/2 Earthquake impact from HF. It cost $75 on sale and so far I'm very impressed with it.

The earthquake is a good impact gun! Has over 600 ft lbs when loosening stubborn nuts. I picked up one two years ago at HF with a 20% off coupon. They've since changed the design, but I'm sure it's still a good wrench.

To get his link to work you need to cut and paste it into the browser's URL bar.

Regards, JC.

Last edited:
That thing looks like it's almost as heavy as the Snap On boat anchor I've been using since I blew up my trusty old IR 2132 and really need to replace with a 2135ti soon. Unless you're a body builder, do yourself a favor and try one of these before you buy.

The IR composite bodies really are a wonderful tool. They are so light and so very easy to control. If you get one of those, though, just keep in mind that you're not supposed to feed jack oil at 165psi through the air inlet. They don't like that nearly so much as they like air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back