Alex Zanardi, Still a Champ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that is COOL, and I did not even know he was competing in these events!
cool.gif
thumbsup2.gif

He might have gotten the idea from his F1/open wheel days when he, like A LOT of the F1 pilots use(d) cycling as a conditioning/training tool.

There was a story on Speedtv that Ginassi and Vasser want to run a car together for the Indy 500 next year for Zanardi, that would be awesome to see him in a legit entry.

What Zanardi could do with a Champ car still amazes me. I'm not trying to be facetious when I say that with or without legs, he only knows winning. What an amazing guy.

Also, IIRC, he was the first to autograph his victory by laying down rubber doughnuts on the track.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^Im glad you posted that Vid. Was never satisfied w/that move & would be considered an illegal pass in today's world of open wheel racing

But you are correct, Alex was a great driver & is obviously still very competitive today in his other activities

Just watched the last IRL race in Fontana. Now that was a good race!!!

Joe

Originally Posted By: MinusPrevious
^^^Im glad you posted that Vid. Was never satisfied w/that move & would be considered an illegal pass in today's world of open wheel racing

But you are correct, Alex was a great driver & is obviously still very competitive today in his other activities

Just watched the last IRL race in Fontana. Now that was a good race!!!

Joe

Should have been there, it was even better in person.

Originally Posted By: MinusPrevious
^^^Are you referring to Fontana or Laguna =)

I was at Fontana. I was about 13 when "the pass" happened while I was screaming at my TV.

Thats what I thought. Yes, That was a good race & I probably should have gone but just watched it.

Too bad IRL ends their season so early but a great way to end it at Fontana.
I track day there so I know the track very well. Super fast track

Peace, Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back