New Kreen Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
^^^And I'm pretty sure that Trav never got ahold of any esoteric testing done in multiple double blind studies by major laboratories before he tried it.

Nope, just close to 4 decades in the auto repair industry, and the brains to know when a product works, and when a product doesn't work.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ken2
Well....I put a pint into the crankcase of a V6 VW with 50,000 miles that burns a lot of oil. ... Some of these VWs do burn way too much oil, and the Kreen did no apparent help.

I looked into the VW oil-burning issue in the past and it looks like there was a piston-ring assembly error at some point with some of the engines. If I recall, it was either the wrong rings used, or it was the top (two?) rings were installed upside-down. VW was doing some warranty work on this but it was not easy to get.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?1719309

Originally Posted By: mongo161
Let the snipers....snipe away. All they have to do is try the product and "SEE" the results.

Since it is hard to get Kreen shipped to California, even if I like to try it I have no chance, so I never post any comment about Kreen, positive or negative. I like to use some cleaning additive, other than Kreen, in my '94 LS400 with almost 300k miles.

The car had dino and syn oil with OCI of 6-7k/6mo for dino and double that for syn. The engine has original valve cover gaskets without any leak so I don't intend to remove it to take a look, but looking through the file hole I saw a medium/heavy vanish on the engine.

I intend to use Lubegard engine flush(the only one I have in my stash) with reduce dosage. The recommend is a 15oz bottle and idle engine for 10-15 minutes, I'm thinking of trying 1 oz(may be 2 oz) in 5 quarts sump and drive for several hundreds miles then change oil.

What do you think ?

Or should I order some Kreen and have it shipped to my brother in Arizona, then he ships it to my home ?

I think it is smart to follow the producers instructions.

Using 1 oz for a couple of hundred miles, isn't exactly that.

I have used Lubeguards engine flush and other LG products, and I like them.

I have never used Kreen, but from what I have read about it, I would have tried it, to see what it can do.

Perhaps try the LG product at idle and see if the drain oil comes up with any extra particulates while pouring it up(if you use a pan you clean out after, if it was clean prior etc).

However, after being around this for a bit and seeing the Kreen's, Sea Foams, and MMOs of the world I don't think 2 ounces for 100-200 miles is a bad idea. In fact, I doubt a few hundred would do any harm and 'may' yield more cleansing vs idle. Mostly, the companies cover themselves by not recommending it to be used while driving in regards to idle flushes. However, that is probably 'most' in regards to the potential for grime loosened not drained with the oil to clog the pickup, etc. Not so much nuke your engine with wear issues during said treatment.

Let the snipers....snipe away. All they have to do is try the product and "SEE" the results.

All the shills have to do is "PROVE" it works. Until then its nothing more than anonymous claims backed by nothing of substance.

Hold it to the same standard that say, ARX is held.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

Since it is hard to get Kreen shipped to California, even if I like to try it I have no chance, so I never post any comment about Kreen, positive or negative. I like to use some cleaning additive, other than Kreen, in my '94 LS400 with almost 300k miles.

The car had dino and syn oil with OCI of 6-7k/6mo for dino and double that for syn. The engine has original valve cover gaskets without any leak so I don't intend to remove it to take a look, but looking through the file hole I saw a medium/heavy vanish on the engine.

I intend to use Lubegard engine flush(the only one I have in my stash) with reduce dosage. The recommend is a 15oz bottle and idle engine for 10-15 minutes, I'm thinking of trying 1 oz(may be 2 oz) in 5 quarts sump and drive for several hundreds miles then change oil.

What do you think ?

Or should I order some Kreen and have it shipped to my brother in Arizona, then he ships it to my home ?

IMO Kreen is for very high mileage badly carboned, coked, sludged, etc.

If you know the car's service history then you know whether or not she's coked up. I'd use the LG exactly as the instructions state, it's an excellent product.

What do you think ?

I'm not sure how the LG product would work, although I never used that product. If used as directed it should work. If you can get Kreen via your brother that's the route I'd take.

Too bad you can't post pictures and shut the Snipers up once and for all. But I realize pulling a VC off a leak free engine to prove a few doubting Thomas's up would be stupid, I sure as [censored] wouldn't do it! It's a real shame some of these guys don't want to accept the fact that Kreen works, because several avid car enthusiasts, and some well skilled mechanic members here said so, and w/o compensation. But when the Sniper/Snipers are posed with simple questions they can't answer them, nor can they prove Kreen doesn't work.

As far as holding Kreen or MMO to the same standards as A-Rx, that's real funny. I'll do that when Kreen and MMO uses paid posters and shills from the company to push their products. LOL

I bought the LS400 new 18+ year ago so I know the maintenance/service history. I forgot to change oil once (Mobil 1) 7-8 years ago, until it passed the schedule by 6 months.

The engine is reasonable quiet and perform well for 18 year old and 300k miles. I think it has medium vanish under the valve cover. If it can be cleaned than it's better, but as it is now it doesn't effect the performance much at all.

I like gentle cleaning while using the car normally, I think with reduce dosage of 94-95%, Lubegard engine flush should be as effective as Kreen for staying in the engine for 200-300 miles.

I bought the LS400 new 18+ year ago so I know the maintenance/service history. I forgot to change oil once (Mobil 1) 7-8 years ago, until it passed the schedule by 6 months.

The engine is reasonable quiet and perform well for 18 year old and 300k miles. I think it has medium vanish under the valve cover. If it can be cleaned than it's better, but as it is now it doesn't effect the performance much at all.

I like gentle cleaning while using the car normally, I think with reduce dosage of 94-95%, Lubegard engine flush should be as effective as Kreen for staying in the engine for 200-300 miles.

Give it a shot and see, I had good experiences with LG products. I have no doubts their flush works well too. Here's an idea, call or email them and tell them what you plan on doing, maybe they can shed some light or point you in the right direction. I spoke with them once or twice and found them to be very helpful.

Thanks for that link. Thanks to BITOG more and more car people are finding the benefits of this great product.
The product is now finding its way into all sorts of owners groups including diesels.

I have a question. I live in the USA, Mississippi to be closer. Where does one buy Kreen from that is a GOOD deal? I used to work for a computer place and we used the aerosol can and it was great stuff. Thing is, it is hard to find. I wish I could get it at Auto Zone or some other parts place tho. I currently use Marvel Mystery Oil since it is about everywhere. I'm disabled so saving bucks helps a lot.
wink.gif

Ideas?

grin.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: rdalek
I have a question. I live in the USA, Mississippi to be closer. Where does one buy Kreen from that is a GOOD deal? I used to work for a computer place and we used the aerosol can and it was great stuff. Thing is, it is hard to find. I wish I could get it at Auto Zone or some other parts place tho. I currently use Marvel Mystery Oil since it is about everywhere. I'm disabled so saving bucks helps a lot.
wink.gif

Ideas?

grin.gif
grin.gif

The only way to get Kreen is direct from Kano Labs AFAIK. If you don't have any major sludge issues and don't mind a product that works well, that just takes a little longer, then stick with MMO. It's cheaper and easier to get too.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

The only way to get Kreen is direct from Kano Labs AFAIK. If you don't have any major sludge issues and don't mind a product that works well, that just takes a little longer, then stick with MMO. It's cheaper and easier to get too.

I been using MMO for ages, I also use Morey's oil stab. too. I mostly use MMO in my gas but do add a bit to the oil a couple hundred miles before oil change. The inside of my engine, what I can see through the oil fill hole, looks pretty clean. I'm going to go take a couple pics and post for you guys to look at. I was just wanting to see if Kreen would get it even cleaner inside.

Back shortly. You been warned.
laugh.gif

grin.gif

Originally Posted By: rdalek
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

I been using MMO for ages, I also use Morey's oil stab. too. I mostly use MMO in my gas but do add a bit to the oil a couple hundred miles before oil change. The inside of my engine, what I can see through the oil fill hole, looks pretty clean. I'm going to go take a couple pics and post for you guys to look at. I was just wanting to see if Kreen would get it even cleaner inside.

Back shortly. You been warned.
laugh.gif

grin.gif

If you let the MMO run in the oil a little longer than a couple hundred miles it will do even more cleaning. That's if there's anything in need of cleaning. I have Kreen in the sump of my 00 Century for about 350 miles and it did a little cleaning, nothing worth updating my Kreen test thread with yet. These are not fast cleaners and do need some time to work.

Here is a link to what the oil fill hole looks like:

201210090001.jpg

I do on occasion put about 2 cups of MMO in the oil, just not all the time. When I do want to give it a cleaning, I add it when changing oil. So, sometimes it runs for the regular OCI with MMO in it. I usually do that in the winter to help thin out the Morey's which is pretty thick, especially when cold.

The oil you see is likely the Moreys. I haven't been anywhere in a couple days. Moreys sticks to everything.

This is a 1994 Mazda Protege DOHC engine with about 192,000 miles. It is about to get a new exhaust system but other than that, it runs pretty darn good, just a bit loud right now. I cleaned the throttle body the other day and that put a little pep in its step.
laugh.gif
It was nasty. It also got a new pcv valve too. It was not valving like it should.

Thoughts on the color and such?

grin.gif
grin.gif

Not bad, just some varnish. I'd stick to what you've been doing, or if you like run the MMO for a full winter OCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back