Yet another issue! Shaking at idle, loss of power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: N7Quarian
Can I clean it with carburetor cleaner?

You could soak it in carb cleaner, but you need to confirm it isn't working first. Swapping it with another and seeing if the dead cylinder follows it will do that.

Originally Posted By: Quest
@antiqueshell:

OP is from Venezuela and not in Continental US of A, so don't assume that OBD-II scanners can be had as easily as in US of A.

Q.

I realize this, but seriously OBD II has been around a LOOOOOONG time now and is the standard around the world, most reasonable small shops even in Venezuela should have a least a basic 50 dollar scan tool, they are manufactured in abundance in China, and easy to get anywhere in the world today. I bet you could walk into a average car parts store in Caracas and buy one that day. Maybe in Venezuela it would be 80$ but still they are easily accessible to all who want one, even there.

Last edited:
What can I use to insulate the injector connectors from water? The rubber pieces are trashed. Can I use Vaseline?

Any pictures?!

Nice work!
thumbsup2.gif

BTW There was still a SUBTLE small shake at idle, so I put a bottle of STP injector cleaner to a half a tank of gas and its running perfect again at any RPM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back