Napa Gold Cabin Air Filters - any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are on sale this month, normally around $40, but costing $11 in my area.

Are the good? Better than driveworks? What's the advantages?

Thanks!

I don't know, just speculating, but do these follow the Napa Gold oil filters which are actually Wix? If so, they're good, I've used Wix cabin filters before.

There really aren't any advantages to a expensive high efficiency cabin air filters IMO. Its just our lungs, not the cars, so who cares?
laugh.gif
Seriously, a decade ago they didn't even use them. A cheap one will be fine.

If you can, put a dryer sheet in front of the cabin air filter. Makes the car smells good and you won't believe the dirt it catches before the actual filter!

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I like the dryer sheet idea. Would be a nice improvement but, may load up quickly and need replacing often? Ed

I haven't had a problem with them loading up. They're porous enough to let some go through into the filter. You can tell when you have a fresh one though, car smells great!

I have one in my Optima right now, as a matter of fact. They fit perfectly, and seem to work without issue. The Napa Gold had more pleats than the previous filter which was an Auto 7, if memory serves. The filter has been in for almost a year, and it is getting pretty grey, so its capturing something. It might be time to pick one up from Napa myself, especially if they are on sale.

I had to order the filter through my local NAPA. I picked it up the next day. It was in a plain brown cardboard box, with a printed label on it that said noting more than the brand and the part number. The filter itself had Napa Gold and the part number on it. I just thought it was interesting.

Originally Posted By: Towncivilian
I found NAPA Gold cabin filers to be nearly identical to Nissan OEM filters, at least for my Pathfinder. See my thread.

NAPA was the only filter that had OEM specs for my Hyundai in their design of the filter.

The others had a different design which required modification of either the filter or the space to fit it. It's Napa Gold for the Hyundai.

also on some applications do offer standard and charcoal fitlers to help with odor control, if you look at the Wix filters on line catalog for your car you can see if they list both for your car

Yeah this thread is old. I ended up ordering a bunch of Napa Gold air filters while they were on sale. So far so good.

Why wouldn't it? It is paper, clean it, dry it, put it back.

I use compressed air on my air filters now and then.

My Buick Park Ave filter is sooooooooo hard to screw with, It has 3 filters (stacked to make one larger filter) I am not putting it back in... But it sure had a lot of [censored] stuck in it, so I want to, but it is almost easier to pull the front dash out to get to it. It was clearly an afterthought....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back