BG D.O.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know anything about this? It's BGs Diesel Oil Conditioner. I did a search, and found some threads on BG MOA, but nothing on BGs DOC. I'd really like a link to a VOA....Anyone?

Could you be referring to BG Biodiesel Fuel Conditioner? "BG Biodiesel Fuel Conditioner: Reduces the risk of fuel gelling • Helps clean the entire fuel system and controls fuel-related deposits • Promotes moisture separation • Stabilizes fuel • Neutralizes harmful metallic contaminants • Protects engine parts from rust • Reduces exhaust smoke • Safe for common rail injector systems and direct fuel-injected engines • " You how many folks call diesel fuel "diesel oil."

BG DOC Diesel Oil Conditioner
BG DOC for diesel engine oil is a revolutionary product designed especially for today’s modern high-output diesel engines. BG DOC maintains like-new diesel engine power and performance, neutralizes acids and acid corrosion, reduces friction and wear on engine parts, stabilizes viscosity, prevents sludge through increased oxidation and soot control. BG DOC is compatible with all diesel engine oils including synthetic and multi-grade.
Part No. 11232 32 oz. (946 mL) bottle

First of all, I have no affiliation of BG whatsoever. I don't sell their products, and I have used various products in my truck from AMSOIL to Wal*Mart's 15w40.

My truck just rolled over 5000 hours on the engine, and when I got it, it was over 4200 hours. It is a former oil field truck, so I have no idea how it was maintained before I got it - other than I know for sure it idled A LOT based on the hours vs. mileage. It has about 100,000 miles on it now. I was given a "sample" of some BG oil products, specifically, the "109" Compression performance restoration (1 quart) and the BG D.O.C. (Diesel Oil Conditioner) also 1 quart size.

I was given the product by the local BG rep who drops off product for our fleet of Police Vehicles. He gave me these bottles as they were leaking, I got them sealed together in a plastic bag to prevent a mess.

I was planning on doing an oil change just before our big RV trip (leaving Thursday), so I decided to try the products out. The instructions I was given was to get the engine to operating temperature, dump in the quart of 109 compression restoration stuff, idle the engine for 10 minutes at 1200 RPM + or -, then immediately drain, refill with oil, and substitute one quart of oil for the quart of DOC.

I will start by saying that if you've owned your vehicle since new and you know it has been properly maintained, you might not need a "flush" service such as this. I will also add that I'm not a big believer in snake oil products. I rarely use fuel or oil additives, I just don't think they're necessary, but, since I was given this stuff I decided to try and it and tell you guys what I think.

First, the 109 stuff. It stinks...literally. It is fairly thin, viscosity wise, and has a pretty strong smell. I dumped it in as instructed, and I could smell it immediately. I ran the engine for the 10 min suggested, and used the fast idle feature to keep the RPMs around 1100 or so. (If your truck doesn't have this feature, a stick between the seat and go pedal would work).

As soon as that was done, I shut the truck off and drained the crankcase. The oil that came out was less viscous than usual and very black. I suspect it was less viscous because of the 109, and because I usually don't drain it when it's so hot it could burn me if I got some on my hand, but in this case I did. It came out like black water.

I let it drain for a good 20 minutes while I checked tire pressure, etc.

I refilled with Wal*Mart el-cheapo 15w40 oil, and added the DOC. Before I added the DOC, I poured a tiny bit into a sample container which I later shipped off to Blackstone labs. I will report back on the ingredients when I get the analysis back. The DOC was fairly dark, and about the consistency of 15w40 oil.

So what were my results? Well, after changing the oil before, as soon as I refilled the crankcase, restarted the engine (to circulate) then went to check the oil level, the dipstick was covered with coal black oil so much that the markings could not be read through the oil. Been that way since I got it. Now, when the same procedure was done, the oil wasn't honey colored by any stretch, but it was definitely noticeably cleaner, and looked more like new oil should right after a change. I could read the lettering through the oil. I should have taken some pictures, but frankly, I didn't expect a noticeable visual difference. I also noticed my oil pressure was higher on my commute to work. It normally runs just over 1/2 on the gauge and it was at 3/4. I'm convinced. For high mileage engines, or ones that may have been neglected oil change wise, this is a good idea IMO.

I certainly won't do this procedure every time I do a change, but I might do it once every couple years or if/when I get another "new to me" diesel truck.

YMMV.

Just as a side note, our fleet of police cars were on a 2500 mile oil change interval on 5w20 (lots of idling and engine abuse), and the garage now goes 5500 miles and uses BG's 5w20 and a can of MOA with each oil change. They have been doing oil analysis and it is working out fine to double the OCI.

Last edited:
I got the analysis back of the virgin sample of BG D.O.C. I sent to Blackstone. It's in .pdf form.

paint.jpg

Comments?

Last edited:
Yea, it looks a lot like an SAE 40 HDEO, which dose all of the things listed in the description all by itself.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back