New formulation G-oil VOA!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the new formulation of G-oil that may be on the shelves at some Walmarts.

Look at the TBN and the Calcium.

403902228.jpg

403899722.jpg

403693994.jpg

Last edited:
No surprise on the TBN -- ester basestocks often have higher start TBNs.

Judging by the KV values, I would guess this has HTHS around 3.2.

His point about the TBN being that it's higher then the last VOA of this oil.

I'm sure it's not SN spec as well.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
So the label is new. Where does it say it's a new formulation?

I emailed them and asked because the oil in the new bottles smells different than the oil in the old jugs. There is also an increase in Zinc, Calcium, and Moly over the old stuff.

G-oil gets better and better. This formulation may actually go 10k miles
27.gif

Last one in my Pops truck went 7k and TBN was close to 0.

I guess we complained about the weak additive pack and they listened. Not sure of the P number as it's too high for the API SM.

On paper, it looks like one of the best oils out there (except for fuel economy).

I'm afraid the FAR was for the old batch only, but would like to be surprised.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek

I'm afraid the FAR was for the old batch only, but would like to be surprised.

I got one with a $20 rebate, and so did a friend of mine.

It isn't FAR, but it still good.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
I guess we complained about the weak additive pack and they listened. Not sure of the P number as it's too high for the API SM.

I guess they read BITOG. ++1

Are we ok with the residual iron and aluminum? And I have a couple skepticals about that calcium number as well. Could some of this be attributable to contamination? Dunno, this just seems odd.

Originally Posted By: zanzabar
Are we ok with the residual iron and aluminum? And I have a couple skepticals about that calcium number as well. Could some of this be attributable to contamination? Dunno, this just seems odd.

I purchased the new jug and it leaked in the back of my truck. The oil smelled a lot different than the old G-oil. It also had a green tint. It looked and smelled like their 3.2oz weed whacker 2-stroke oil, but not as green. It also smelled like their TCW-3 2 stroke oil. I was skeptical about putting something that looked and smelled like TC-oil in my engine, so I sent a sample to be analyzed. That is the results I got. The oil sample kit was the WIX brand from amazon, and it was sent to the Portland lab facility. I also emailed G.E.T and asked them if the reformulated the oil because it smelled different. They told me they did. I also complained about the lack of a foil seal like the old jugs had, and they said they remedied the problem and now the new jugs also come with a foil seal. Some new jugs without foil seal are out there. It all depends on where Walmart sent the jugs. G-oil has no control over where Walmart ships their jugs. I think the foiled seal is a good idea because someone can unscrew the cap, drain the oil, put conventional back into the jug, and then return it. The new caps look like the ones used on Mobil 5000 bottles except they are green. When you unscrew the cap, the seal doesn't break.

If you don't believe the VOA, you can buy a quart of the new stuff and have Blackstone analyze it. Maybe the guys from PQIA will run a new sample.

Originally Posted By: volk06
That CA number is VERY high... almost too good to be true high. If it is that high, better stock up on GOIL with the rebates. It does have some good specs, NOACK of 6.7% and meets SM.
http://www.getg.com/engineOil/full_synthetic_advanced.php

Yes, that calcium is CRAZY high!

This stuff looks to be quite stout (I'm suprised the TBN is not even higher yet, given that CA number.
21.gif
)

I'd say this VOA is an error...no way for the prices they sell it for that they are using this much additive in it.

I'd say too good to be true......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back