The greatest sleeper car in history!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy built a Ford Fairmont with a 5.3L GM LS truck motor, with a ZR-1 cam and springs to handle boost, with a ginormous turbo and everything to support it. It's probably a 9.50 car but it needs a cage. He keeps getting kicked out of the track even while slamming on the brakes at the 1/8 mile! Looks like granny's old grocery getter.

Last edited:
At first I thought it was the one a friend has.... He bought his sans the Chevy drivetrain, now has a 392W stroker in it...

My first car was a 83 fairmont ,wish I was smart and kept it. Great cars , in stock form it was no high performance vehicle though.

Not a fan

The vid shows him racing around town on a narrow 2 lane road, spinning the rear wheels w/ oncoming traffic. Performing a burnout at an intersection. What a jerk!!!

Also, The car is in dire need of suspension work. All motor w/out the supporting suspension mods makes that car very sketchy to drive IMO

Gosh....it reminded me of my 62 Chevy Nova II. I had a 327 with some major engine mods...Hooker fender well headers and beefed up and dialed in suspension. All of this when I was 16. It had a M-22 4 speed transmission, and 411 rear posi traction. That car was a screamer and I had more fun in it than I can remember. The side of the car fender still sported a straight 6 emblem on it.

Originally Posted By: chevyboy14
yea what a jerk posting cool vids of his sleeper. lol lighten up a little who cares if he wasnt hurting anyone .

The point is not that someone was hurt by his antics, the point is that his antics put other people at greater risk.

I could go shooting my .357 inside buildings and not hurt anyone...but I would be exposing those occupants to more risk...he doesn't have the right to expose the folks on the road to the increased risk of his antics...the fact that no one has been hurt by his driving like that has nothing to do with reasonable driving, it's all a matter of luck.

Want to push your car? Keep it on the track.

I see people in traffic on a daily basis driving much worse and putting many more people in danger than this guy. He's opening it up a little. Big whoop. It's not like he's tailgating, swerving in and out of traffic, etc.

If he had snapped the driver's side axle at the wrong moment, people would have been in the hospital or the morgue, and jail.

He is an idiot who deserves to meet up with a serious "adjustment of perspective", as are the people you are using to justify his behavior.

My first car was a 78 Ford Granada (similar to fairmont) with a 302, I always wanted to do something like this. Back then (1991) it had an edelbrock performer 289 intake w/edelbrock 4-bbl, ported mustang heads and a hotter cam it looked exactly like This completely stock on the outside deadly on the inside I wanted to supercharge it. To bad the body rusted away I never got to finish my project, PA emissions inspections didn't help me any. Kudos to the guy in the vid this is the coolest project car I've seen in awhile. 5.3 LS motor interesting choice. But I agree he should keep this car at the track and not the street.

Hope he doesn't kill anyone, breaking the tires loose while a car is next to him in the opposite lane. Fun is late at night on a deserted road, not next to a white minivan.

I think the ghetto tweeter mount, randomly mounted gauges and shifter make it less than a sleeper.

Last edited:
Not a fan. Plenty of guys have done Fairmonts with built Windsors that are faster than this car.

Just rubs me the wrong way with a Chevy engine. Yuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back