BITOG 10 year event review

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnewton3

Staff member
WOW!

Had a great time, and really quite a treat to meet/greet and put names and faces together.

Every presentation was great and informative:
Molakule (Phil) was very intriguing and informative in the topics of lube pack design and choices. He brought samples of all kinds of additives and base stocks to view.
Jim from Lubrizol was facinating, and gave a broad market base explanations of the lube world. Also made some great observations for the future of lubes and the automotive and HD markets.
Doug spoke of his experiences with past and present fleet maintenance issues. Had some great pictures for display coordinated with his talk.
Ryan from Blackstone discussed UOAs and the history of his family company. Displayed his "old skool" oil cans (and I do mean cans) from their news-letter article. There was even a "give away" of prepaid sample kits as prizes for Q&A session.

We certainly realize there were a large numbers of members who would have liked to be there, but for a multitude of real-life reasons, were unable to do so. We missed all of those who wanted to show, but could not.

This quick overview cannot impress how detailed and informative the presentations were. It also cannot express how fun and delightful it was to finally meet members we've known electronically for some time. Pictures will be forthcoming from many members.

Overall, a success that was difficult to measure. The tangible info was very useful, but the intangible opportunities to share a handshake, hug and story were immeasurable!

THANK YOU, HELEN, for the event!

Last edited:
Thank you for the review.
smile.gif

It was that or my only chance to see my 25 year old Daughter in Iowa anywhere close to her birthday, so my Daughter won.

Would appreciate any postings of the information.

It was a nice event. Great food and lots of interesting info. The event could have gone twice as long and could have been filled with Q&A. Nice event. It was good to put faces with names.

Quote:
Jim from Lubrizol was facinating, and gave a broad market base explanations of the lube world. Also made some great observations for the future of lubes and the automotive and HD markets.

Doug spoke of his experiences with past and present fleet maintenance issues. Had some great pictures for display coordinated with his talk.

Ryan from Blackstone discussed UOAs and the history of his family company. Displayed his "old skool" oil cans (and I do mean cans) from their news-letter article. There was even a "give away" of prepaid sample kits as prizes for Q&A session.

I really enjoyed meeting all those that were present and puting faces to names. Great bunch of people.
thumbsup2.gif

And I found out Helen is a Hugger.
happy2.gif

Hello,
firstly from my side a great THANKS to Helen the "hugger" and Wayne - and everybody that came to the inaugural BITOG "Meet & Greet"

Helen was so generous with her input. Truely generous, Wayne - a very special thanks for you late evening drive time to my front door

I found it wonderful to put faces to names; Dan, Dave the names go on.

Input from all of the speakers (except me) was most informative. Jim from Lubrizol was inspiring. I found his from-the-ground input so rewarding,this sort of input will ensure the future of BITOG

Again a special thanks again to Helen & Wayne. I did not realise the input required behind the scene

We BITOG people are special - so was Tony, he would have been so pround of Helen!

Thanks to all attendees

Thank you Helen and Wayne for hosting this wonderful event.
It was great to put the faces to the names. (Pictures are forthcoming, I'm told.)
I'd like to thank all the presenters for the valuable information and insights to the oil industry.

This was truly a highlight day. Thanks for choosing my home town for the inaugural meeting.
Hopefully interested parties will submit their interests and plans to continue this event and "spread the wealth". (Or as Molakule says "disperse the additive." Miscible.)

Last edited:
Good to meet everyone -- just when I think I know a few things about oil, the presenters show me there's still so much more.

Thanks to all who came out and made it possible.

Big thanks to Helen and Wayne for putting this event together! Hoping we won't have to wait another 10 years for the next one.
smile.gif

Good meeting everyone and thanks to the presenters!

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
.... And I found out Helen is a Hugger.
happy2.gif

That must certainly qualify for the 2012 BITOG "Understatement of the Year" award.

And I believe we all would agree that those were genuine hugs and she is a VERY special lady.

I fail. I got the days mixed up and showed up at the Marriott today. The BITOG Meet and Greet LCD sign thing was still up there beside the door, so you can imagine my confusion when I found that door was locked. Good thing I live just down the street, wasn't very far. Are the presentations going to be put up somewhere so people who didn't go can review them? Was it video recorded?

I'm so grateful that I was able to attend. For everyone who wasn't able to make it, I want to confirm something- not only were all of the presenters as insightful and knowledgeable as you've been told, but every person there was every bit as friendly, personable, and interesting as you've come to know them on BITOG. I truly hope that BITOG get-togethers become a regular event and that many more people get the opportunity to meet the other members of this extraordinary community.

To Helen, Wayne, and everyone else involved in organizing the event responsible for the day-to-day work required to keep BITOG up and running so well, THANK YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back