What are your opinions about Kendall GT-1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added two quarts Kendall GT-1 full synthetic 5W-30 to my stash. What are your opinions about this oil? It is rated SN and GF-5.

The back story:

There is an auto repair shop that shorted me two quarts on an oil change, and I had to get two quarts from a Rite Aid store on an emergency basis. I had only driven the car a few blocks when I got suspicious and checked the dipstick. This was at closing time at the auto shop, and fortunately, the engine was not damaged.

The shop blew me off when I complained and asked me what my problem was! So I made years of complaint phone calls to them. It was sort of a game to me. I must have wasted at least 20 hours of their time. I hate being ripped off and get sort of obsessive about it. I get lots of free minutes on the cell phone.

Recently, the management & staff of the shop all were fired due to the mountain of customer complaints on Yelp & other Internet review sites, a mass defection of customers, etc.

The new management are trying to restore the shop's reputation. So I called the other day, and bingo, they said to pick up my two quarts. I told them I would be satisfied with any decent SL or better oil, but they gave me this oil instead.

Great oil , probably the best conocophillips makes., even if you had paid for it, nothing to lose sleep over. The gt-1 is harder to find than the syn-blend.... if it was me, I would just supplimental motorcraft, trop artic, or Kendall syn blend next oil change

Last edited:
I put the Kendall GT1 Synthetic Blend /w Titanium into my 2001 Prism(Corolla) and the motor is the quietest it has ever been. And I have used several full synthetics in it, but I really like this oil.

Last edited:
Kendall has given my 2011 ecoboost some good uoa and has a great add pack. Has a high dose of calcium, boron, some moly and titanium. It's my choice of oil since I can get it cheaper locally than most other pcmo. It is a cousin to Motorcraft, trop artic, and 76 but gt1 has the better add pack, higher Ca, TI, moly and possibly better base stocks. The full syn exceeds dexos requirements and meets HTO-6(waiting for Hondas ok since the lab was destroyed in the tsunami, sm was certified but not SN).

Last edited:
I've used Motorcraft 5W20 syn blend in my vehicles for many years with great satisfaction. Earlier this year some Kendall GT-1 syn blend (with titanium) UOAs caught my attention; I liked the Kendall formulation...it appeared similar to MC with a titanium boost to the add package.

I'm running the Kendall in a 2012 Veloster at $3.70/quart with 5K/6 month OCIs and OEM filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back