2009 GSXR600 rotella vs motul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BillyTheKid

Fact - I have seen people in my racing take A LOT of power out of their tune and go faster. Did the oil do that too? Should we think that way?

What you have seen or experienced is at the noise level if that compares to what companies like Shell, Motul, Mobil, etc. are doing for a living. I preferred hard evidence like the record book instead of just hearsay like you and others are doing, the term is bench racing. Rotella does not even advertised their oil as motorcycle oil and Shell is actually making several types of racing oils that you don't even know about. The problem here is as I have stated before you are not a credible source compares to the majors. You can run other auto oils not just Rotella in your bike and it will be fine too, a lot of people do it. You even agreed with me that Rotella is cheap and that is it. You have no proof that Rotella is better than Motul 300V or even just as good. Feel free to start a new thread on how to save money and use the same oil that you use in your combine and your semi in your lawn mower and your bike.

Here is a real fact, professional racers will sacrifice an engine to win a race and it is called 2WT race oil. Only amateur wannabe racers that can't afford to race or to win so they end up trying to protect their engines. The funny thing is they will always try to defend the inferior products they are running in their vehicles. Why is Rotella not in the winner circle of any professionally sanctioned races?

Last edited:
Buddy, you are a [censored] my friend! Bench racer? What makes you an expert or a racer yourself? I don't care about "big time" racing, that was not my mission in life, I do other things and have at a professional level, but do I run around bragging like a know it all and keep it private? My darn street bike makes over 300 horsepower to kick around the street, so I think that says I know a little about making power and riding it. You are the clown talking about sitting home trying to find esters in oil at home or some other [censored] in another thread. Why aren't you even providing examples of proof like I have with my own experiences and not just quoting who was the winning racer using which oil?? That is pretty easy to find on the net.

My point was not to discredit Motul or any other oil. I would use Motul if they were more realistic with pricing, but I choose another option and I have given hard proof I have seen with my eyes and experience, if you or anyone don't want to believe me, who cares. I have not seen one bit of proof from you except the comments around who wins races at a high level. I have used Motul and others as well as Rotella and both have done the job for me. I have used motorcycle specific oils plenty too and netted the same results.

This board is for sharing information, not making marketing claims for one company or the other. If you choose to do that, why not pay to be a sponsor for your brand of choice on the board?

Why aren't you even providing examples of proof like I have with my own experiences and not just quoting who was the winning racer using which oil?? That is pretty easy to find on the net.

Hahahahaha, you provided nothing except hearsay. I provide racing record that show what oil really is the best. What I have provided is easy to verify on the net like you have found out, whereas your experience is heard through the grapevine.

Information sharing is only worthwhile if it is verifiable. Anecdotal evidence is just that, a lot of hearsay. BTW, name calling is against the forum rule and I don't want you to get ban because you do make me laugh. Thanks man.

We've run Rotella 15W-40 in a variety of applications over the years.

2006 Yamaha FJR1300
2005 Yamaha YZF-R6
A couple of Goldwings
two track cars
A yamaha VStar1300
Suzuki 1300 Hayabusa
Winter fill for my Harleys ( and year-round for the primary chaincases)
a '98 dodge dually 12-valve
2007 Yamaha FZ-6

and more.

Works for me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kballowe

Works for me.

And many others, there is no doubt about that.

But the question from the OP was: is Rotella better than Motul 300V? The answer is NO.

Is it cheaper than Motul? Yes

Originally Posted By: azsynthetic
Why aren't you even providing examples of proof like I have with my own experiences and not just quoting who was the winning racer using which oil?? That is pretty easy to find on the net.

Hahahahaha, you provided nothing except hearsay. I provide racing record that show what oil really is the best. What I have provided is easy to verify on the net like you have found out, whereas your experience is heard through the grapevine.

Information sharing is only worthwhile if it is verifiable. Anecdotal evidence is just that, a lot of hearsay. BTW, name calling is against the forum rule and I don't want you to get ban because you do make me laugh. Thanks man.

Hear say or not, I think I have shown fine proof. Now go about finding your esters from home with your microscope

I am done now. Oil doesn't win races and I think we can see who is puffing hot air.

Hear say or not, I think I have shown fine proof.

What proof????? I hear you say but no proof.....

Originally Posted By: azsynthetic

Hear say or not, I think I have shown fine proof.

What proof????? I hear you say but no proof.....

Go away little boy. Prove to me oil wins a race or even makes the difference of winning a race. Where is that proof????

I don't need to prove, I have seen what damaged engines look like and I am certain Motul or any other magic brew you want to claim would not have stopped the same issues from happening in those specific instances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back