Zmax actually works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm not usually one to try snake oils but I've had my eye on Zmax for years but couldn't bring myself to pay that much for it but...

The other day we were wrapping up school shopping at Kmart and they had just the Zmax oil treatment on sale for $10 so I figured what the heck... threw 12oz of it in my 02 F150 with 200k+ miles and even with Mobil 1 0w-40 in the sump I noticed a pretty drastic change in engine smoothness and most definitely in the startup noise, could it be that this stuff actually does something?? Nothing scientific at all but going down the road the engine does feel smoother overall and seems less "noisy" when next to jersey walls and such.

Z-Max has been proven to do as advertised - I've never tried it. I assume putting in a bottle of iso 68 ESTER AC refrigerant lube may do similar things.

Someone else said the same thing about Kreen, I think.

But then again, I say the same thing about MMO.

Its all in fun, like underwear, we all fit in somewhere ,someway, and all of us put our drawers on the same way, I think.lol just having fun guysssssssssssssssss..just having fun.

Off the subject, but does anyone know what happened to Johnny, the original poster of the Z-max thread. He is listed as member #10 and was a regular poster for many years. As a retired guy formerly employed by Pennzoil, he always had something interesting to relate. I sent a PM to his box earlier this year, but no response. Anyone have anything further ??? --Oldtommy

Originally Posted By: 2oldtommy
Off the subject, but does anyone know what happened to Johnny, the original poster of the Z-max thread. He is listed as member #10 and was a regular poster for many years. As a retired guy formerly employed by Pennzoil, he always had something interesting to relate. I sent a PM to his box earlier this year, but no response. Anyone have anything further ??? --Oldtommy

huh. I just looked and he hasn't posted since last year. I'm afraid to think he may have passed away.

Off subject as well, i always enjoyed reading posts and replies by johnny. He had a certain knack for being unbiasedly honest in his posts.

Last I heard, someone aggravated him and he stopped posting for a while-maybe Dave Newton or one of the other mods would know? Johnny was a good, knowledgeable guy, though!

Ten bucks? I might bite if I can find at KMart. Of course, I have first to find where is my nearest KMart! I have not been in one in ages. (Please, don't LMGFY!)

Quote:
I just looked and he hasn't posted since last year. I'm afraid to think he may have passed away.

I hope not! Johnny was a real good guy, i miss his postings.

I feel the same way, hard to bring myself to pay that much for an additive. It's basically the price of an oil change itself, sometimes more.

Used it. Liked it. Would of posted all the data some time ago but since testimonials/feel good stories prevail over data, it would of been wasted.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
Used it. Liked it. Would of posted all the data some time ago but since testimonials/feel good stories prevail over data, it would of been wasted.

Why not try posting your data and impress us?

Even more MPG at idle than ARX?
crackmeup2.gif

Esters and AN are added to GF5 formulation to beat the group iv real synthetic test oil for mileage in API certification - so NOT snake oil at all. Funny to dis this stuff while 99% of you are still pretending Mobil 1 and PP and Synpower are synthetic oil. Haha ha haha ha.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: Trajan

Why not try posting your data and impress us?

1.6 MPG increase in my 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid as measured by both the vehicle's on-board hybrid information center and a ScanGauge II.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back