Motomaster SE2 vs. Michelin Harmony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they another chinese tire? Who makes motomaster for CT or whomever is selling them, and what is the COO?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Are they another chinese tire? Who makes motomaster for CT or whomever is selling them, and what is the COO?

I imagine the COO depends on the size, I've had their snow tires made in Canada and Venezuela and they seemed to perform about the same anyways.
I had a pair of Motomaster SE's on the Neon for a few years and they initially had good wet traction but wore fast and lost their wet grip after maybe 30,000 km.
They were quiet, but that was the only good feature.
I had some budget kumho's on a the same time that were the equal for grip but wore at maybe half the rate.

I believe the SE2 are made by Goodyear. In any case, I've used previous Motomaster tires. Lacklustre. I have Destiny on my van (identical twin to the Harmony). Worth every penny, without a doubt get them over the CT brand.

I had Michelin Harmony on my LS400, it lasted more than 80-90k miles while other tires lasted less than 35-40k miles.

It is not possible that Motomaster will lasted as long as Harmony and performs as well on both dry and wet roads and as quiet.

The only advantage of Motomaster is lower price.

There should be DOT codes on the motomasters you can decode. I know Canada isn't US but logistics probably mean they get put on there. They're likely a catch all brand with some cheap junk and some "last years model" first-run lines. I had some Motomaster 235/75/15 XLs on my F150 I got at a junkyard that were in fine shape, very stiff sidewalls.

I can't speak for the Motomaster tires, but I can say that the Michelin Harmony tires on our 2006 Outback have been outstanding. They were put on at about 35,000 miles and the car now has almost 110,000 miles on it. The tires still have good tread, still handle well in the rain and snow. I'm debating about replacing them before winter since the tread is still good, but they are getting to be 6 years old and I'd rather have my wife on newer tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back