Royal Purple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you.
I personally have never used RP. I have been a pretty loyal Castrol GTX or Castrol Syn-Blend user for about 15 years.
I personally will stick to that brand even if I have to pay a little more for it. Why? It works for me.
In one of my other posts, I told about my car the 01 Sable having a main bearing problem. Not due to oil, but a manufacturer mistake. In 2000, Ford/Lincoln Mercury switched oil requirement from 5W-30 to 5W-20. For some reason my car had the old 5W-30 main crankshaft bearings, while the rest of the engine spec. to 5w-20. My mechaninc asked me what oil i ran, i told him Castrol GTX dino 10W-30, he stated that my engine interanlly was extremely clean. Clean enough to eat off of. That is why I stick to Castrol.

Some statements made by Royal Purple IRT GM-4718M testing in 2009.

In 360F Thin Film Oxidation Uptake (TFOUT ASTM D4742) testing, Royal Purple SAE engine oils exceed 1200 minutes before failure. Most synthetics, including GM4718M licensed Mobil 1, will typically reach failure in less than 500 minutes.

Now I would like to read XOM's response and if RP can duplicate the results.

Lock time. Members insulting each other and some members trying to start arguments.

Helen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back