My four year old made me proud!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the park with him yesterday. He was running around having a good time.
All of a sudden, I see him riding another kid's bike. So I tell him to give it back, at which point I noticed something awesome. The bike had no training wheels. I haven't taught him how to ride without them at all. He just hopped on and was riding like Wile E. Coyote with an Acme rocket on his back.
I was speechless and proud as could be.

So today I took of his training wheels on his own bike, rode with him to the local bike shop, and had him pick out some things. He wanted some battery powered blinking/steady lights for front and back, American flag valve caps, and some funky bell.

Then, I had a flashback to when I was his age, standing in the bike shop with my dad, looking at all the cool stuff.

We were both smiling from ear to ear. He then rode for three hours, came home, and immediately fell asleep. I usually have to beg him to lay down, lol.

A good day was had by all!

Thanks for listening!

thumbsup2.gif

awesome story, ive found swimming just zapps my 2.5 year old.. awesome of you to let him pic out his own mods.. very cool dad

Originally Posted By: hardcore302
He just hopped on and was riding like Wile E. Coyote with an Acme rocket on his back.
I was speechless and proud as could be.

You never know, he might just be a future World Sprint Champion, or Tour de France winner!!
thumbsup2.gif
cool.gif
(Even if it is a sport you yourself are not that enamoured of, maybe you should give him the chance/opportunity if he is a 'natural'??)

awesome. my 1st gave me a hard time learning, the 2nd was a drama queen learning also (both afraid of falling) but I'm training the 3rd w/ a pedal-less bike; it makes them learn balance before pedaling.
he's almost 4 and flies on that thing! he's basically balancing w/o realizing it.
I wish I had one of those for the 1st two...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back