Bosch Quietcast Rotors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello..

Anyone know about these rotors? Looking to replace all 4 rotors on my Mazda and came across these locally at Oreiley. I was looking for something that had some sort of rust resistant coating to help defend against the Chicago winters.

Not a lot of info around the web on them...I think they came out last year.

"Bi-metal aluminum and zinc clean-look coating/Alutherm 80 extends the life of the rotor and provides a clean look for today's open wheels"

Also has a lifetime warranty...interesting.

My wife's bought new 2002 Explorer came with Bosch rotors. They cracked and rotted so bad they had to be replaced just after the 12 month warranty on brakes expired. On new Ford vehicles brake "wear" parts were warrantied for only 12 months. Not my first choice for rotors. Hopefully the new Bosch rotors are better.

Whimsey

I doubt Bosch is making them. They farm a lot of that stuff out.

They still make their own wipers, plugs, and oxygen sensors. The rest is typically rebranded.

I usually find Bosch parts to be solidly rock-bottom quality.

Source: Personal experience with Bosch Platinum +4 plugs, Bosch starter motor, Bosch power tools, Bosch spark plug wires - all underperformers, most failed mere months after purchase.

Just get a set of Centric Premium 120 or 125 series from Amazon. They will be far less expensive.

I'm liking those Centric 125 series rotors. I just read the product description on Tire Rack. I might use those next time I need to buy rotors.

rockauto has Centric premiums for roughly $30 a piece. Good quality and will give you good stopping. I agree with the people who posted against Bosch. I too have not had goodluck with any of their products so I am biased against them.

I also distrust Bosch. Their replacement windshield wipers are also junk along with the other stuff mentioned by other posters.

Last edited:
The only Bosch products I use are their oil filters and windshield wipers (which I like, despite other comments on here).

My experience: On my 2001 VW Jetta the Bosch spark plug ceramic element BLEW UP IN THE CYLINDER while on a road trip.Fortunately, after pulling off the head and cleaning it up the car ran fine for until I sold it.

When I sold the car I purchased an Audi from a German auto mechanic. I told him my experience with Bosch and he agreed. He said he had many problems with Bosch parts, including self destructing spark plugs. In fact, he said he started using NGKs in all of his German autos because he was fed up with Bosch!

I would steer clear.

Will probably go with the Centrics from Amazon. The Bosch's are a consideration because of buying local in case I had an issue.

Thanks for the input. Doesn't make me feel great about the Bosch fuel pump that I installed in this Mazda........

NGK may very well license some of their designs from bosch. However, I believe the issue is more with manufacturing control which is why bosch spark plugs have had more issues.

Originally Posted By: dparm
I have never had problems with Bosch plugs in any of our vehicles for 20+ years.

Same here. Despite all the overblown 'Internet Amplification' over their plugs we ran them for years, some over 200k miles!

Never a peep.

I had the same ford problem.

"brakes warrantied 12000 miles"

well they paid for mine. Not to sound sexist but I'm not a 80 year old grandma to rip off.

that being said my Grandma who is 83 took her car in for an oil change(at same dealer).. and they tried to sell her 800$ in leaking engine going to blow up work...

2 years later it still doesnt leak, still didnt explode and uses about .5qts between changes.

In my case it was the rear drums were rusted to heck on my 2002 brand new.. and had a broken spring/hardware something.
they resurfaced them at 14000.. and replaced them at 20000 on Ford's dime.

Last edited:
I have one on the front axle of my Audi, due to O'Reilly screwing up on turning my original rotor.

It's been on 3 weeks, and already it is starting to rust on the non swept areas. My guess is by the time it sees a Wisconsin winter, it will be completely rusted over. No noise or any other issues, though.

I certainly wouldn't pay the $100 that they would have charged me, though. There are much better options available at the same or lower cost.

Ordered 2 Centric rotors for the rear last night. Already have the confirmation from Amazon that they shipped this morning. Wow that was fast.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back