Post your Alternative Leaf Blower Uses!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go - post what all you use your leaf blower for, besides leaves!

Mine (a newer Echo Backpack):

- Grass clumps

- Spider webs

- Blowing off the driveway, deck & patio

- Drying the car, cracks, mirrors, moldings, etc.

- Blowing out the dust & dirt out of the garage

- Blowing the water out from the Outboard's prop hub (try it, you'll be shocked!)

Ok, what's your creative uses?

Chasing the light material from the garage floor.
Blowing leaves out of the rain gutter & off roof.
Drying motorcycles after a washing.
Sometime drying vehicle after a washing.
Blowing bird seed off the back deck (from bird feeders).

I got to dry one our little dogs couple days ago because she was barking & growling at the outlet tube. It looked like she had her head out the SUV window going down the highway. She took it well. She usually runs around the mower barking at it.

Last edited:
An electric leaf blower (shop vac) with an extension pipe is great for enhancing a fire. I used mine to help burn a pile of large stumps that were just smoldering without the blower.

The air from the blower supercharges the fire and I just move it around to a different spot every few hours.

I use an electric one to clean out our clothes dryer vent

Every 6 months or so I disconnect the hose from the rear of the dryer and blow out any lint lying in the hose. Initially I wrapped a towel around the inlet hose to keep the air from escaping (and lint from blowing back in the laundry room) but over time eventually made a custom reducer.

Pretty amazing what comes out

1. blowing off the driveway when a light/powdery snow comes along.
2. drying the car after a wash
3. blowing off the underside (deck) of my mower
4. cleaning up the millions of acorns that fall in my yard every year
5. gutter cleaning

Originally Posted By: cmorr
I use an electric one to clean out our clothes dryer vent

Every 6 months or so I disconnect the hose from the rear of the dryer and blow out any lint lying in the hose. Initially I wrapped a towel around the inlet hose to keep the air from escaping (and lint from blowing back in the laundry room) but over time eventually made a custom reducer.

Pretty amazing what comes out
I do this as well. My custom reducer is simply a piece of cardboard that is larger than the dryer hose with a hole in it that is smaller than the leaf blower, and I just press and hold all three of them together. Works fine for this purpose!

Originally Posted By: mva
An electric leaf blower (shop vac) with an extension pipe is great for enhancing a fire. I used mine to help burn a pile of large stumps that were just smoldering without the blower.

The air from the blower supercharges the fire and I just move it around to a different spot every few hours.

This is genius! Like when "a friend of mine" revives the coals in his wood stove with an oscillating fan.

Obligatory pic (not mine):
gregorymcomputerfan.jpg

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Wonder how one would work as a supercharger???

An electric 'supercharger' (aka leaf blower concept) has already been offered on eBay to the derision of many, but you have to wonder how many were suckered into that one.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: mva

This is genius! Like when "a friend of mine" revives the coals in his wood stove with an oscillating fan.

Obligatory pic (not mine):
gregorymcomputerfan.jpg

[censored]%?&# is that?

Originally Posted By: Hallmark
Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Wonder how one would work as a supercharger???

An electric 'supercharger' (aka leaf blower concept) has already been offered on eBay to the derision of many, but you have to wonder how many were suckered into that one.

Somebody managed to make one work for an Altima....of course he has to carry around 3 extra car batteries to power the fool thing.
lol.gif
I wonder why he didn't just power his unpowered wheels with a couple of high torque electric motors. De-facto AWD
crackmeup2.gif

My leaf blower gets used on the freezer in the garage for dust elimination regularly
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back