Transmission Cooler hose size or adaptor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

i was looking to add an auxiliary transmission cooler on my 2001 Elantra. Specifically, this one: Amazon Hayden Cooler 402

I know my transmission hoses size are 5/16 diameter. I couldn't contact the seller since it is Amazon and I tried emailing the Hayden company directly but their email system is down.

So my question is, does anyone know the size of the hoses? Also, lets say the hoses on the cooler are different size, if I get the 5/16 hose, will it fit in the metal connector of the cooler itself without leaking? Is there an adapter for the size difference?

Thanks

Some just make those two sizes work together.

Or you can replace the fitting in your radiator.

Originally Posted By: jsnyder49090
the cooler has 3/8 push on fittings

Ok, thanks for letting me know. Now that I think about it though, the 5/16 inch line for my transmission is smaller than the 3/8 fitting so it should fit very snug if I can just get it on.. I'll try it and see if it leaks.

Last edited:
Derale advertises some of their coolers with 11/32" hose, presumably to work with both sizes. If you don't have the cooler yet, a different brand or different hose might be an option.

I sometimes find more details by looking up a part on the manufacturer's page or sites like Summit and Jeg's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back