Hankook Optimo H727 - @35K miles sound terrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mcrn
How did you like the Falken 912's?
If he liked them he was lucky-my brother and I bought sets at the same time, on his '02 Altima he swore they were the WORST tire in the rain he's ever had, and my set is dry rotting/sun checking at 2 years/15K.

i had some 3 year old falkens on rims I purchased used.

They were suncracked and the tire place refused to mount them due to their bad condition.(my friend was going to replace his baldies with them)

The 727's are on a short list for the GF's commuter car when it comes up for tires (this fall or next spring)

Also looking at michelin defenders.

Last year We got her some michelin xice xi2's so it basically april to december.. then winter tires mid december to april.

funny thing is she likes the winter tires better than her oem tires even when it was warm out and esp. in the rain.

I had to practically twist her arm to let me take them off in april with the warm weather.

I may also consider other tires if there is some kind of killer rebate deal.. like the 160 off goodyears.

She has 14" rims on her commuter box so most of the really good tires arent available.

Last edited:
When I bought the h727 for our Grand Marquis I did read one or two reviews mentioning bad road noise. The rest of the reviews were so positive I decided to take a chance. We're only at ~7500 miles and we have no noise issues and wear is as expected. But, now I'm interested to see how they are at 30k and how many miles we will be able to put on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back