Napa Silver vs Purolator Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sHERM

Yes Wix has plants every where, but the plant in Gastonia makes all of the NAPA branded filters. I know people that work there, and i know a driver who drives for them.

Well then, case closed and lock the thread.

I get this right off of the filters. Says made is Poland, made in mexico. Napa gold cartridge filter for a 2003 Saturn cue with 3.0l say made in Poland on it.

Last edited:
I've bought a VW TDI oil filter from fleetfilter.com which was a Napa Branded (Wix) filter and it was made in Poland. I've also bought a transmission filter there for my Allison tranny that was made in China. Not all Napa Gold (Wix) filters are made in the USA plant.

Originally Posted By: sHERM
Originally Posted By: Virtuoso
Wix does have plants all over the place. I've seen more of their air filters made overseas than oil, but that's just my narrow sampling.

Back OT: I'd probably take the Classic over the Silver.

Yes Wix has plants every where, but the plant in Gastonia makes all of the NAPA branded filters. I know people that work there, and i know a driver who drives for them.

My great Uncle Stanislaus Dzikowski works as a janitor at the Gostyn, Poland plant. I will ask him to take some pictures of the USA made Napa filters for me.

Wix worldwide locations

Originally Posted By: zerosoma
Just wondering because Napa Silvers were on sale for $3.04 plus 10% off if you 'reserved' it and picked it up in store.

I went for one, just because. Hopefully it's a good filter!

Go ahead and use the NAPA/WIX Silver that you have. There isn't anything wrong with it for normal OCIs.

Nothing wrong with a Silver, use it if you have it. I used to use them and never had issues. The combination ADBV/bypass isn't my favorite but it's not going to blow up your car.

Given the choice, though, I'd go with a Puro Classic for the same price.

If we're talking NAPA Gold, I'd go with it over the Classic.

I *technically* could return this unused filter/receipt for a Napa Gold now that they are on sale.

Hmm...Silver for $3, Gold for $4.50...

Originally Posted By: zerosoma
I *technically* could return this unused filter/receipt for a Napa Gold now that they are on sale.

Hmm...Silver for $3, Gold for $4.50...

Get the Gold.
When I was buying my filters exclusively from Napa I never once did not go with the Gold. They are quality.

If you like the Wix brand and want the filter to be made in the USA, buying from NAPA might be the best way to ensure that, especially if the NC plant is building the NAPA filters.

The WIX oil filters that I bought several years ago was made in USA, but the WIX air filter I bought was made in Poland. It seemed as if it was made well and used good quality materials, the only thing I didn't care for was the hard rubber seal. There was no give to it at all when I squeezed it, made me wonder how well it would seal against the hard plastic air filter box and plastic air box lid. I prefer air filter which have flexible rubber seals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back