Napa Silver vs Purolator Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: zerosoma
Which is better in your opinion? Are Napa Silver's still made by Wix?

Like the last thread, the P1 vs Napa gold, theyre both pretty much equal.

Depends as to your preference of either Wix or Purolator products. Both are in the same line as far as quality. I would have no problems using the cheaper of the two.

Napa Silver series uses a nitrile combo valve design, adbv and bypass in one. Classic uses a separate metal dome end bypass and nitrile adbv. I prefer a standard separate bypass and adbv for reliability. I'd go Classic over NS.

No issues with traditional designed Napa Gold with silicone adbv and thead end bypass though.

+1 ^^ ... I stay away from ADBV/bypass combo valves.

Just wondering because Napa Silvers were on sale for $3.04 plus 10% off if you 'reserved' it and picked it up in store.

I went for one, just because. Hopefully it's a good filter!

Just wondering because Napa Silvers were on sale for $3.04 plus 10% off if you 'reserved' it and picked it up in store.

Puro Classics at WalMart....$3.27...we are talking pennies here.

In addition....the Classics are made in the U.S. I believe Wix has outsourced their production to other countries.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Purolator Classic

Read the reviews here before purchasing. If you haven't installed the Silver, return it to NAPA.

No I haven't installed the filter. Is it seriously that bad?

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian

Puro Classics at WalMart....$3.27...we are talking pennies here.

In addition....the Classics are made in the U.S. I believe Wix has outsourced their production to other countries.

This is not true, The Wix are made in Gastonia, NC. I pass the factory on my way from Charlotte to Atlanta on Hwy 85. They make all of the NAPA filters in that plant.

Originally Posted By: sHERM

This is not true, The Wix are made in Gastonia, NC. I pass the factory on my way from Charlotte to Atlanta on Hwy 85. They make all of the NAPA filters in that plant.

Are the Made in Poland Napa filters made in the same plant?

Originally Posted By: yonyon
Originally Posted By: sHERM

Are the Made in Poland Napa filters made in the same plant?

How about the ones made from mexico and south Korea?

Poland, Mexico, South Korea, where do you guy's get all this from?

this is from fleet filters site:
All our filters are NapaGold made by WIX in Gastonia, North Carolina, USA. We stock most of the filters we sell, and we try to ship all orders within 24 hours. If you're in Canada, Alaska, or Hawaii, contact us for your shipping estimates.

Maybe all of the Napa Gold filters made by Wix and sold through www.fleetfilter.com are made in that plant. Even if this is so, that doesn't mean there aren't Napa brand filters made overseas.

I'm not quite prepared to believe that plant is so huge it includes tunnels leading to buildings in other countries. That would be crazy expensive.

Wix does have plants all over the place. I've seen more of their air filters made overseas than oil, but that's just my narrow sampling.

Back OT: I'd probably take the Classic over the Silver.

Originally Posted By: yonyon
Maybe all of the Napa Gold filters made by Wix and sold through www.fleetfilter.com are made in that plant. Even if this is so, that doesn't mean there aren't Napa brand filters made overseas.

I'm not quite prepared to believe that plant is so huge it includes tunnels leading to buildings in other countries. That would be crazy expensive.

what are you talking about? tunnels leading to other buildings in other countries?

NAPA is a USA country. NAPA stands for national auto parts association.

Not polish auto parts Assoc. They are based in the USA and I don't think they have buildings in other countries ? But if they do sell them over seas I bet instead of building tunnels from the plant, they could just ship them there by airplane

Originally Posted By: Virtuoso
Wix does have plants all over the place. I've seen more of their air filters made overseas than oil, but that's just my narrow sampling.

Back OT: I'd probably take the Classic over the Silver.

Yes Wix has plants every where, but the plant in Gastonia makes all of the NAPA branded filters. I know people that work there, and i know a driver who drives for them.

33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back