Synthetic blends oil synthetic base percentage

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know quaker state defy is 50%. max life and the conoco oils are around 60%. i cant for sure comment on the others.

I currently run MC syn-blend and noticed the oil still looks great after 5k miles. Still a light honey color. I know color isn't a tell all. But will the dealer bulk oil the color was black after 5k miles. Does this mean I can go 7500 miles on MC syn-blend? Since thats what I just did after 6mos on the oil. Color was a darker honey color and not bad at all. Don't really want to do a UOA. I've done them in the past on other cars. This is a 05 Toyota Matrix with 56k on it. Oil filter is a MC also. Didn't consume any oil until the last few hundred miles which was a quarter of a quart. Which is fine for 7500 miles imo. Maybe back it down to 7000 miles is my thought.

As per an e-mail from Valvoline I can tell you Durablend is 30% not sure if 30% is Max Life's composition either though. Also, I don't think there is a legal minimum like was stated above. I may be wrong though.

Originally Posted By: Colt
At one time I read 15%.What % is it today?
Say Honda 0w20 blend.

The current 0W20 Honda syn blend is purported to be nearly identical to ConocoPhillip's Mororcraft formulation, thus ~60% Group III+. In turn, Kendall's GT-1 syn blend appears similar to CP formulations with the addition of titanium, so I'm assuming ~60% also.

My F-150 does well on the MC 5-20 with MC or P1 filter (UOA says so anyway). Did MC announce %60 Base III? or was this somehow determined? Just wondering if it's a true percentage or an educated guess.

Originally Posted By: RamFan
As per an e-mail from Valvoline I can tell you Durablend is 30% not sure if 30% is Max Life's composition either though. Also, I don't think there is a legal minimum like was stated above. I may be wrong though.

Too bad you cant find it anywhere.

Originally Posted By: SVTCobra
Legally it only has to be a minimum of 15%. Each manufacturer can decide what their % they want to blend in.

I'm pretty sure there is no legal definition of what a synthetic blend is... Or a synthetic.

Originally Posted By: lexus114

I can find durablend at a local farm and fleet but its the same price as maxlife. Maxlife has the same add pack but with moly which durablend does have, according to the pds. So I'd rather take the maxlife.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: volk06
Originally Posted By: lexus114

I can find durablend at a local farm and fleet but its the same price as maxlife. Maxlife has the same add pack but with moly which durablend does have, according to the pds. So I'd rather take the maxlife.
I have seen the Durablend at Auto Zone and Advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back