Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bernanke has scheduled the August FOMC earlier than the last 2 years, and you get this nugget out there:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444025204577547173267325402.html

So even with lower revised Q3 earnings estimates coming in, this market could go a lot higher even with a declining economic and business outlook. Par for the course with the Fed I suppose. But then that sets up the next decline to be even worse, once people realize, once again, the inflation of asset prices was nothing but Fed pump.

Last edited:
All I'm saying is that if you watch the ups and downs of various stocks with some good volatility, swinging 50c-$1 in a day or three is doable just by timing entry points. I'll take augmenting my income by $2-500 every few days.

Heck, even 30c on 1000 shares, $300 on $10ish thousand over and over again is pretty good return that is doable.

Originally Posted By: Pablo

Who else thinks NEM might be a bargain again?

Looks like it was around Noon today...

E baby.

RIO stayed ever so slightly above my entry point and I never pulled the trigger. NEM may fit the bill instead soon.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Trying to day or swing trade this market is ridiculous when you get such massive overnight gaps in price

You got that right!

Originally Posted By: tpitcher

Looks like it was around Noon today...

About when I jumped in. I missed the very bottom with E, VRNG I probably bought too soon - let me know when it goes up.

TLT sold off big today and got out of it's uptrend a bit; the dollar is off as well. Unless a bad jobs report (ie. comes in under it's massively reduced estimate
lol.gif
) or something else negative occurs in the coming weeks, I think this little rally could hold, at least longer than the last couple bounces.

Last edited:
The Bernanke has scheduled the August FOMC earlier than the last 2 years, and you get this nugget out there:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444025204577547173267325402.html

So even with lower revised Q3 earnings estimates coming in, this market could go a lot higher even with a declining economic and business outlook. Par for the course with the Fed I suppose. But then that sets up the next decline to be even worse, once people realize, once again, the inflation of asset prices was nothing but Fed pump.

ECB pump

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Trying to day or swing trade this market is ridiculous when you get such massive overnight gaps in price

You got that right!

OK...

Ive been averaging $500/week on just a very small position ($10Kish) for the last few months. So it isnt that ridiculous. Maybe Ill have my butt handed to me at some point, but for now Im healthily in the black.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Ive been averaging $500/week on just a very small position ($10Kish) for the last few months. So it isnt that ridiculous. Maybe Ill have my butt handed to me at some point, but for now Im healthily in the black.

It'll be handed to you in taxes early next year, just like me last year.
frown.gif

Oh well, it's better & more fun than making 1/2 Penny a month in a MM fund...
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
[ been averaging $500/week on just a very small position ($10Kish) for the last few months. So it isnt that ridiculous. Maybe Ill have my butt handed to me at some point, but for now Im healthily in the black.

Well done! Can I send you some money to invest? 5% per week is stout.

How are you doing it? In individual stocks? If so, where do you find your leads? Are you doing this full time?

I can't as I still have a day job and I know enough to know if you can't watch the tickers constantly, you'll get your head handed to you in these manipulated markets. So, I've been trying to catch themes or longer term trends using ETFs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Warstud
This current up cycle is about complete. May go a bit because of the fed meeting but should be sold. IMO

Yea, I think The Bernank just confirmed that. Turbo Tax Tim was over in Europe yesterday though with more talk of actually walking the walk on a medium term solution for Europe, so this latest cycle top is still in a choppy confirmed uptrend like it has been. The Russel 2000 is now making lower highs and lower lows in this cycle though and many people use it as a leading indicator.

I follow this guy Michael A. Gayed who's a money manager that's been dead on accurate since 2009 and he uses price ratios of things like TLT to SPY, or XLP to SPY to see how money is flowing into defensive sectors relative to the overall equity markets, and it looks like they are peaking right now, so this choppy, [censored] summer correction might break into a big fall rally, or "inverse summer crash" as he puts it.
lol.gif

Then there is this:

http://www.businessinsider.com/election-years-stock-market-2012-7

About when I jumped in. I missed the very bottom with E, VRNG I probably bought too soon - let me know when it goes up.

I just backed the truck up on VRNG.

E is a maniac!!!

Once today's gap up hopefully fills back down Monday and we get a little pull back, I'm loading the boat. I've slowly been going long and adding positions.

Some of the other social media IPOs that have been pummeled/shorted to death are looking pretty attractive for nice little bounces. GRPN looks ripe for a big bounce.

I'm still not touching VRNG until it's pattern settles out. It's retraced almost 100% since 3/30; if it bounces there, I'm in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back