strut mount squeak

Status
Not open for further replies.
well here is the update. the driver side squeaks and by hand you can grab the top of the spring and the isolator and move it a little. the other side is completely tight and makes no noise. but the kicker here is the other saturn the 95 both sides have a little play like the noisy side of the 98. my girlfriend while "helping torqued the other side strut mount bearing plate nuts and broke the stud so i put a new bearing plate in (darn women) and the side she broke i fixed and it doesnt squeak. EVERYTHING is on right by the book perfect. but yet it squeaks i can hear and feel the squeak on the isolator but i do not see a problem neither does anyone who has looked at it. so i think ive been defeated it really isnt that big of a deal its a slight creaking only when it going slow or sitting. i have taken it apart so much that the strut shaft allen head is rounded inside. so i am not messing with it anymore. i have officially been defeated. but i am just going to tell myself its the nature of the beast.

to clear it up. the 95 has play on both sides but is quiet so the slight play is irrelevant. the 98 has a new bearing plate on the passenger side now and it still quiet. the driver side is still squeaky even after replacing everything. the noise can be heard and felt on the isolator. so in conclusion there is nothing wrong its just squeaky. kinda like an old ford p/s pump noisy but works fine

i was watching scotty kilmer and for suspension creaks he uses atp 205 i believe it was called said spe ifically itll help squeaky strut mounts so i bought some on amazon if it works ill be thrilled if not i have another lubricant to put on my shelf.

well went to get the alignment done took the shop 4 times and then the guy says well that squeaking happens a lot when people dont know what they are doing. i took offense to it so i told him go ahead and see if you can make it stop if you can ill pay you if not you wasted 30 mins of your time. he being a smart [censored] agreed . he came back 30 mins or so later and apologized and admitted i did it right and it just squeaks. hahahaha made my day of course the squeaking is going to drive me crazy but who knows maybe some of that stuff i bought atp 205 will fix it .

Well the shop that did the alignment ruined the whole thing.
He tightend the top big nut that holds strut to mount and ruined it stripped it and stripped the strut so i had to buy a whole new assembly i rejected payment on my credit card and im not happy. I hate idiots

well i bought a quick strut and it its 100% fixed . the noise was from the end of the bellows boot and the rubber insulator.

Chevyboy14's posts are the best, its like reading a who done it novel. A two page thread and 17 posts are from the OP fantastic.

Originally Posted By: chevyboy14
well i bought a quick strut and it its 100% fixed . the noise was from the end of the bellows boot and the rubber insulator.

Badabing!

Originally Posted By: chevyboy14
whats stupid is there absolutely no way to fix it without buying the new style bellows.

Older cars with high miles can cost you more in headaches and $$ replacing the strut only. You should always replace the rubber spring insulators and bellows regardless. Add down the road costs like tired strut mounts and bearings, rusty springs that will need to be replaced, which is more $$ and labor. Its just not cost effective IMO. Not replacing a quick/complete strut assy in pairs is asking for trouble safety wise IMO.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

so the quick strut is now squeaking apparently its a known issue the rubber rubs on the bearing plate studs they said.

Having squeak issues in the strut mount after install brand new Monroe "Quick strut" assemblies on my 2001 Aurora. Monroe Tech line advised to ensure strut shaft nuts tightened to 60lb-ft, but no change. Going to call them back and if that fails I'll soak the entire area is Fluid Film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back