Fuel/Oil Additive MSDS Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

TC

While looking into a particular fuel additive, I came across this website which lists direct links to MSDSs for a few dozen fuel/oil additives. This is great way to quickly learn the composition of a given treatment without having to track down individual MSDSs, a time consuming process.

http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/household/search?tbl=type&queryx=Fuel+System

Also, I noticed a thread in the oil forum recently asking about the shelf life of motor oils. Recalling that thread, it occurred to me to post this comment from STP which I stumbled across during a search. I imagine this might apply to just about any other brand as well:

(STP oil and fuel additives): "What's the shelf life? How long can I store it? The storage life of STP® products is guaranteed for a minimum of two years. However, although our testing guarantees a minimum of 2 years’ shelf life, our experience has indicated that if our products are stored properly, they can remain stable and retain their effectiveness for an indefinite period of time."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back