Aeroshell Sport plus 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using Aeroshell Sport plus 2 in all my outdoor power equipment. Is anyone else using it in anything? It is an oil intended for 2 cycle airplanes and ultralights. The way I understand it, Shell bought out Pennzoil awhile back. The Pennzoil "air cooled" 2 cycle oil had a great following, so Pennzoil took it and supposedly made it better and added more corrosion inhibitors to increase protection while in storage. The new oil is Sport Plus 2. I figured that if Shell designed it to go in airplanes, then it must be good. And since all 2 cycle aircraft are air cooled and outdoor eqipment is too, then it must be a good match. Correct me if I'm oversimplifying it.
I started using it the middle of the summer last year. About a year ago. As might be expected, I havn't noticed any differences really. I guess its time to pull out some plugs and maybe get some kind of idea whats going on. It seems to be some good stuff.
Does anyone else have any experience with this oil? Does anyone else have any "insider" info on this oil?
The price isn't bad at all compared to other oil. In fact its cheaper than alot of the others.

I managed to get mine through a local wholesaler for a good price. I was going to order it through Aircraft Spruce and Specialty before I found it through the local guy.
One thing people need to know is that this oil has almost NO dye in it. It has a pale green tint to it, and when you add it to the pump unleaded that is also a pale green there is very little darkening. It would be very easy to get it mixed up, so I bought some petroleum dye on eBay and with 4 drops to the gallon it turns quite black. No mistaking the mix for pure gas now!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back