Two bikes to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a old ten speed and a old all terrain bike which I am going to start riding after I retire. So what is the best bike grease and what is the best chain lubre?

And where I live you can get a lot of stuff in your tires because of stickers from weeds, etc. So what is the best way to prevent flats?

For chain lube I prefer Finish Line dry lube. Doesn't attract any dirt, which is really nice.
Have used that stuff for years.

Have used Superlube as said before, and it works good for grease.

Grease I use the Park Tool Polylube 1000. Superlube is a good choice too.

Chains I like the Rock N Roll, comes in extreme, absolute dry and gold. I use the gold one and found it to be easy to apply and keeps the chain clean. I use it on my mountain bike and its one of the best chain lubes I've used.

To help preventing flats you can get heavier duty tires and thicker inner tubes as well.

Just about any NGLI #2 grease will work. Maybe a #1 in a very cold area. I've used Amsoil Racing Grease as well as a heavier duty grease called LithiShield.

The Amsoil Racing should do very well for you in both apps. A thicker grease might be better if you are in a lot water.

I use some old FP10 gun oil for the chain. This is pretty good because it keeps it's cleaning power over time, and is a true CLP. For a dry lube I would use Eezox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back