Liqui Moly Diesel Synthoil 5/40 reply from LM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got great UOA results from running LM Synthoil High Tech 5/40 in my old Volvo V40 1.9D and before I look at extending the oil change interval, I am going to try the slightly different Diesel only Synthoil to see if it improves the UOA results, BUT I can only find it on the Internet in Germany and don't see why I should have to drive to Switzerland to buy an oil made in Germany, so I asked them where I could buy it and got the following reply:

Dear Mr X
Yes, it`s not easy to find this product in Germany beacuse the product is made for export. In Germany we can recommend a very good oil calls Leichtlauf High Tech 5W-40 which is a very high quality oil. In all of our oils are additives to: protect the engine, avoid frothing, VI conditioner, ... the exact details are secrets. Should you have any further questions, we are always at disposal.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Best Regards
Stephan Weissinger
Anwendungstechniker
application engineer

LIQUI MOLY GMBH
F & E / Anwendungstechnik
Jerg-Wieland-Straße 4
D-89081 Ulm

NOW I KNOW THIS HAS TO BE THE BEST IF THEY WON'T SELL IT!!

Correct, as I just asked Mobil 1 which extended life oil filter would fit my diesel and they sent a standard reply saying phone them. I gave them the exact engine type but they showed no interest in checking their expanded data base.
I also wrote to Amsoil to see if I could find an oil filter there that exceeded Volvo specs (Not a Mann one), but no reply so far, although Blackstones insisted the Volvo filter would be good for 20,000 km based on my UOA, I would prefer to use a better filter if I can find one.

Originally Posted By: skyship
Correct, as I just asked Mobil 1 which extended life oil filter would fit my diesel and they sent a standard reply saying phone them. I gave them the exact engine type but they showed no interest in checking their expanded data base.
I also wrote to Amsoil to see if I could find an oil filter there that exceeded Volvo specs (Not a Mann one), but no reply so far, although Blackstones insisted the Volvo filter would be good for 20,000 km based on my UOA, I would prefer to use a better filter if I can find one.

AMSOIL doesn't make an EaO filter for your application.

AMSOIL doesn't make an EaO filter for your application. [/quote]

I know the Mobil one folks don't but my 1.9D is the same block as the Renault Laguna 1.9D, but that is not listed either, so I think my next idea might be to look at a WIX or FRAM extended life filter, although I really wanted a Mobil or AMSOIL one.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Don't forget Royal Purple as well.

Thanks, I will look at their site, BUT I might have a problem with the main US companies because the Volvo V40 diesels were not exported to the US and I can't find the Renault Laguna 1.9D either at present and all I want is a higher performance filter rather than an extended change interval one.

Originally Posted By: Fyrb4ll
Try NAPA for their Platinum filter.

Another great suggestion!
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for that one and I have now tried Mobil 1, Amsoil, Royal Purple and WIX.
WIX did list the Volvo V40 1.9D as a WL 7291 and as it seems they are cheapish and at least Volvo spec I will pick up a few when I am in the US next month, although I am still looking for an extended life or better than Volvo spec filter that will produce improved UOA results.
Off to look at the NAPA site next and will also check back with Mobil 1 as I now have a filter number from the WIX site.

Last edited:
Had a look at the NAPA Platinum filters, BUT they only list the petrol V40's and no luck with the Mobil 1 site using the WIX number, so back to square one. Next thing I guess is to look up the dimensions of the WIX standard filter and see if it matches a Mobil one, before I try calling them and having some kid in Bombay spend half an hour finding out they don't do one.
If at first you don't succeed, sometimes it's better to give up, is one thought crossing my mind in this oil filter hunt of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back