Greasing Moog Ball Joint

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a pair of Moog ball joint and need to know if their already greased or I need to grease them before use, I couldn't tell if their pre greased...thanks

Always grease after installation.If you remove the boot before installing you will notice no grease packed in there.Boot should be packed full.

Yeah if it is a Moog with a grease fitting, grease it till grease just starts to begin to come out the relief portion of the boot.

Are you supposed to do it until the boot seeps a little???

Relief portion?

Shows how much greasing I've done. Here I thought I had busted the boots on my truck because when full they let a little out.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

I try not to pump them until it oozes out the relief, just grease until plump... like a bratwurst.

Some greasable joints have little more than dust boots that the grease will always seep out around. Better ones, like usually OE and Moog are essentially sealed but have a grease relief area. Some are sealed and have a zerk fitting and the boot will just keep expanding and eventually blow out if overgreased but those type don't seem that common.

Originally Posted By: scurvy
Originally Posted By: JHZR2

I try not to pump them until it oozes out the relief, just grease until plump... like a bratwurst.
\

+1 mmmmmmmmmmmmm, bratwurst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back