Auto-rx users speak up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
I know that quite a few people in here have tried the Auto-rx product and have great results with it, so I thought this would be a good topic here, where you guys shared your stories with us!

Based on what I have read here, and especially the opinion of Terry Dyson based on analysis results he has seen before and after using this product, I have great confidence in this product, and can't wait to use it. I'm also a very vocal person on the Camaro and Firebird message boards on the net (I'm a moderator on LS1Tech.com and LS1.com) so I'll be sure to spread the good word about this product to anyone that will listen to me. A lot of people come to me for advice on oil related stuff, since I have posted quite a bit about oil over the last 6+ years I have been on the internet. Although I have learned more in the last 2 months just from reading this site here, great stuff guys!

Come on, I know people have tried this product, tell me your stories! Do it for America!
patriot.gif

Have just used it in a '95 Saturn and am now using dino oil to set up the cleaned out seals. 1000 miles, right? Then plan to use Maxlife but if it continues to burn oil then will move on to a good cheap dino. My wife noted that the car seems to have more power, I did not tell her that this may happen, so she thinks it may have done something. I have the filter and want to cut it open to see the results.
tongue.gif

I was told that on the followup oil change, to go with dino oil and run it until the leak has stopped, since on that followup oil change after auto-rx, the dino oil will help to harden up the seals and allow it to sit flush with the metal once again. So 1000 miles sounds ok, but keep it in there a bit longer if you notice the leak is still there. I think on my followup dino oil change, I'm gonna run this for 2000 miles and then analyze it, just to see how the dino oil holds up (although I do realize there will be some leftover moly from the Maxlife)

I used it in my psd. I am impressed!!!!!!!! my wear levels have gone done, I had a 6 alumnimum now its done to a 2 other metals where lower also. The next oil analysis will give a better trend on wear

Sod dude

3 bottles Auto-Rx arrived 'downunder'. Drained the Delvac 1 (almost like black treacle after 2500kms, highly detergent oil this?) from my 89 Mazda 626 Turbo, fitted new Purolator PureONE filter, and I hate to admit 4 litres SL rated 10W-30 Pennzoil (it was the only almost 100% dino I could find). 30 miles and tappet noise gone. I think I may be on a winner here.
Just not sure how many kms I need to use dino for after I replace the Auto/Pennzoil package?? Chemist a reply if you could? I'm moving to Redline 5W-30 after that (winter use only) the nmaybe RL 10W-40 or Mobil 1 0W-40 for next summer.

sprintman: Don't feel bad about using 10W30 Pennzoil in your Mazda. I have a 1989 Mazda 626 Turbo, Nothing but 10W30 Pennzoil since new, and it has 158,600 miles on it. Runs great, does not use oil. This car is driven in extreme weather conditions. As low as -35F to as high as +114F. My son is now driving it back and forth to college.

I hope to have a chance someday to come see your beautiful country. Have a great day.
grin.gif

Sprintman, Frank told me the reason for the dino oil after the Auto-Rx treatment is to harden the seals and fix any leaks. So run the dino oil and check the leaks every 500 miles or so. When it stops leaking you can switch back to whatever oil you choose. If you never had a leak to begin with then I believe you don't need to go with the dino oil after the Auto-rx treatment. Like I mentioned, I have decided to run the dino oil in my car for about 2000-2500 miles so that I can get an analysis done on it. I've also decided that before I put in the Auto-rx I'm going to do a fresh oil change with Castrol GTX as well. I realize I can add the stuff to the existing oil in my car, however the main reason for doing this is so that I can get a better oil analysis on my Castrol, since that extra oil change will help flush out a bit more of the leftover Maxlife in there. Castrol GTX isn't that expensive anyways, so it's not as if I'm breaking the bank by doing that extra oil change. After the Castrol I'm gonna go back to the Maxlife again for 2500 miles, and by that time hopefully the new Mobil 1 will be in Canada so I can test it out for myself and see if it's antiwear properties are any good or not. It'll be interesting to compare it's results to that of the Maxlife and Castrol.

Hey you Amsoil users out their that have replaced the Amsoil Engine Flush with Auto-RX please post on how it has worked for you. That includes you Chris Dyson.

quote:

Originally posted by sprintman:
3 bottles Auto-Rx arrived 'downunder'. Drained the Delvac 1 (almost like black treacle after 2500kms, highly detergent oil this?) from my 89 Mazda 626 Turbo, fitted new Purolator PureONE filter, and I hate to admit 4 litres SL rated 10W-30 Pennzoil (it was the only almost 100% dino I could find). 30 miles and tappet noise gone. I think I may be on a winner here.
cheers.gif
Just not sure how many kms I need to use dino for after I replace the Auto/Pennzoil package?? Chemist a reply if you could? I'm moving to Redline 5W-30 after that (winter use only) the nmaybe RL 10W-40 or Mobil 1 0W-40 for next summer.

Sprintman:

You are on to a winner. I used the product in my Toyota van (prior to getting a free engine from Toyota USA) and it was getting sludge out of the engine. I changed two filters at 500 and 550 miles respectively.

Don't worry about the condition of the oil (or type). Just put a new oil filter on and add the product. Run it for 500 miles (more if you want - just put another filter on in case the initial filter is clogged up with sludge and the filter could possibly be running in by-pass mode).

After that, change to your favorite oil and go to town!

The product was orginally designed by the inventor to be used in large printing presses. The fact that it works in automobile applications is quite handy. Another great benefit of the product is that it reduces emissions out of the tailpipe. Don't know if "down under" cares about emission testing. My state does not
frown.gif

Well, at 600 miles after using the auto-rx product and we are still seeing the classic Saturn SL oil burn at 1Q per 1000 mile rate. (This seems to have really started after we tried Mobil 1 at about 45,000 miles) I am not really expecting it to eliminate a poor design? but hoped it would help. I am using dino Pennzoil for I suppose 2k to see of it improves. Plan to go to Maxlife for 2 oil changes to see it that helps. If it still burns at the same rate then I guess it is the best and cheapest on Wal-mart shelves, Chevron. Anyone with any comments/suggestions?
rolleyes.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Chris:
Well, at 600 miles after using the auto-rx product and we are still seeing the classic Saturn SL oil burn at 1Q per 1000 mile rate. (This seems to have really started after we tried Mobil 1 at about 45,000 miles) I am not really expecting it to eliminate a poor design? but hoped it would help. I am using dino Pennzoil for I suppose 2k to see of it improves. Plan to go to Maxlife for 2 oil changes to see it that helps. If it still burns at the same rate then I guess it is the best and cheapest on Wal-mart shelves, Chevron. Anyone with any comments/suggestions?
rolleyes.gif

I too share your Saturn oil-drinking woes. I finished the initial dose of Auto-RX and am still experiencing the oil drinking. However, I'm trying a more aggressive treatment with the Auto-RX per Frank Miller's recommendations. I haven't even added the second bottle yet -- will do this weekend, then drive an additional 1500 miles with the Auto-RX in. I'll let you know how it goes. If it doesn't work, might I suggest that we both try pulling the plugs and dumping something directly into the cylinders to clean out the rings? A lot of people have had some degree of success with this, but it sounds like a real pain in the butt to do.

I have noticed that my oil is staying cleaner longer. My guess is just that those rings are really carboned into place. Like you said, no product, no matter how good, will repair a badly designed/built component.

[ June 11, 2002, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: kev99sl ]

It's almost time for you Saturn owners to find a way to shoehorn a nice reliable Chevy 350 in there!
wink.gif

It is NOT a miracle cure and does not work in all situations. If you have a healthy engine do not expect to see any changes.

Suggest using as a last resort when repairs may be the only alternative.

Bob's # 131 is equally as good and much, much less expensive

[ July 02, 2002, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Spector ]

I sure wish that Auto-Rx was a miracle cure, but in reality it is just natural based metal cleaning compund. It is also a good alternative to harsh solvent engine cleaners because it works slowly.

The fact that Auto-rx works slowly, and is not solvent based, is it's best feature! Those solvent based flushes have no lubricating qualities, and just dislodge tons of sludge all at once, which as we all know can just make things worse, not better. I've been recommending Auto-rx to anyone that mentions the topic of engine flushes.

I'm a BIG Auto-Rx fan.
patriot.gif
Unfortunately I'm also a "hunt-n-punch" typer.
dunno.gif
Check my post in the subject thread "Auto-Rx or Schaeffer 131 Neutra" for my expirence with Auto-Rx.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
Larry K.

I tried it (based on Terry's recommendation) on an older car that had a leaking oil pan gasket. It slowed the leak to the point where I no longer see any drips on the garage floor. To say the least I was very surprised! The engine seems more responsive as well and oil consumption (from leakage) has been reduced.

I just purchased a second bottle to try in a friends older engine with noisy valve lifters ....

My suggestion would be to run the AutoRX, along with 4 qts of fresh 15w-40 diesel oil (for some added detergency) and a new filter. Run it for 500 miles; change just the filter and run for another 500 miles before doing a total change. This stuff will keep on cleaning long past the 500 mile point ....

Thanks Terry for the tip!

Ted

Got the three bottles I ordered this week (quick shipping too I might add). Just did a fresh oil and filter change yesterday on my 1996 F-150 302 V-8 with 221,000 miles on it. Plan to run it for 500 miles then cut open filter (FL-1A) and dump oil again and add another bottle at the oil change. Then another 500 miles and repeat process all over for a total of three times. Motorcraft 15W-40 Super Duty oil is what I have been using since 100K until now with 221K 10W-30 Motorcraft from new to 100K. Very hard extreme miles too. Truck got oil changed once a month with 3K to 4K on oil at change time. I am very interested to see how much gunk the AUTO-RX gets out of the engine to the oil filter. I will let you know the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back