Need help with Auto RX first treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my RX today and want to get this started. Truck is ready for an oil change now. So is it ok to use RX in fresh oil? And whats the best to use?, I know I need to use a non-synthetic but I've seen where some are using Delvac or a deisel oil. I want to do this right. The truck is a Toyota 4cyl.4x4 (95), 125,000 miles. And after this is over, is the only benefit from synthetic longer oil change intervals? Thanks for all the help! This is a great place to be. Randy

Rando, I just got my Auto Rx today and just finished using it on my brother's 95 Camaro. Since the oil will only be in use for 500 miles there is no need to buy the most expensive oil on the shelf. I used 5 qts of Wallmart Supertech 5W-30 and a SuperTech ST3980 oil filter. Total $7. You really don't have to use a Dino oil as Synthetic will work but it will take longer than 500 miles to clean more around 1,000-1,200 as the Esters in the synthetic compete with the Auto Rx. The advantage of Synthetic oils are better cold weather pumpability, engine cleanliness, longer drain intervals and better hot weather protection. I also feel that a Synthetic will provide better wear protection in extreme conditions.

Randy. It's best to start with clean conventional oil and a new filter. I just installed mine this weekend on my Jeep with Delvac 1300 15W-40. Use 2 oz. Auto RX per quart of oil. This is what I'm doing based on guidance from Frank Miller of Auto RX.

1. Install clean oil and filter
2. Add Auto RX at 2 oz./quart oil
3. Drive truck for 750 miles.
4. Replace oil and filter with new and drive with new oil and filter for 2300 miles.
5. After 2300 miles, add second dose of Auto-RX at same rate as above. Drive for another 750 miles.
6. Drain and refill with fresh oil and filter. Finished.

At 125K miles, I'd probably run something like Schaeffer's Series 7000 Blend and call it good.

Darren

funnie how u said 2 oz per qt...my instructions say use the whole thing...im so confused, i just finalyl got mine today as well

Joe,

Frank is a Site Supporter on here. Go to Auto-Rx.com and you should get the info you desire. Also if you call him, he is interesting to listen to as he is very knowledgeable.

quote:

Originally posted by joe:
can you order from frank and how do i go about it

Joe, give him a call or you can simply order on the website as well. Great product, I am currently running a cleaning interval as we speak. -Joe

offtopic.gif
This board ain't big enough for the both of us
wink.gif

Auito-Rx calls for 2 ounces per quart of oil
5 quarts & filter will use up one bottle of
Auto-Rx (12 ounces )new field data show that 750 miles with Auto-Rx and either "Dino" Oil or "Synthetic Oil" will perform great. On another subject you can only order Auto-Rx off of Auto-Rx web site.

Here's another question. What If I need to add oil during a 1000 mile 1st treatment? Do I just add more dino?

Im talking about maybe 4-500 miles into the treatment. Usually I use about 1/2 qt. I would want to run the full 1000 miles wouldn't I? So my question is, do I just add more dino to keep it at the full mark?

Rando just top off your oil.Your not diluting
Auto-Rx ( remember it is not an oil based product) Auto-Rx has to be drained along with oil & filter, it does not act like oil and maybe burn a few ounces or so.

Thanks Frank! Have only driven 100 miles or so and I don't hear much of a ping up front anymore. I'm anticipating some good things here. Hopefully after this is all done I'll see less oil consuption and maybe a bit more power. Rando

is it ok to use a fram oil filter with an auto rx treatment, ? i hate fram i am looking for a supertech oil filter for my 91 accord (st2808) and no walmart has it around here...they donto stock it. i looked for stp and its 3$$...ac delco is 3.49 as well. fram is 2.97. i am going to be doing 4 oil changes before im doine with the auto rx treatment. i dont want to spend alot on oil filters.

o i decided to go with supertech oil for my car...its cheap 10.74 for 12...@like 88cents each.

im only going to run the oil for 750 miles..

thanks for helping guys!! i need it asap so i can try my investment for my auto rx!!! hehe

okie...even though fram has a bad reputation ill use it. thank frank u been a big help...hope my other car wont clogg the oil filter...hehe. i ran my car today that i mentioned to u the 300zx 86 and it had auto rx in it since last friday...goSH i was going really fast today...every gear had power and it pulled like crazy!! hehe i guess its working so far, goign to change the oil cause i didnt in the first place =)...thats tomrrows plan, o and my honda as well...

i took off my valve cover and the engine had a slight tan/brown varnish in the honda. it looked pretty clean...i rubbed off a piece with a towel and it came to almost silver after a minute...my uncle said it was "**** clean" so i wonder if auto rx will clean it more...ill keep u informed and try to take pictures to put on my wall =)

This one is for the digitaldrifter, I have read most of your posts and am not sure why you are on the fence about the Auto-Rx product. In one post you think it's wonderful and then in the next you are slamming it. I have used this product for along time in both of my cars, I have used it to stop a seal leak and to just clean the engine that had over 142 thousand miles on it. This product does just what is stated on the website. It is well worth the $24.95 and that is cheap considering what it would have cost me to have the seal replace. I believe when it come to an automobile you can not pinch pennies. I never use synthetic oils and never will, I change my oil every 3,000 miles like clock work, I belive that makes a big differnce, I guess I am from the old school, "show the car some respect and you should get more than it is worth in retur." You need to drive that one car more and stop complaining about the product. Or just make you your mind. By the way just what are you trying to say with all the hehe's and haha's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back