Oil recommendation please: 2004 Infiniti G35 AT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I already used the search function and can't seem to find an answer. I may be purchasing a 2004 Infiniti G35 coupe with the AT from a relative. It has about 84,000 babied miles. Can you suggest a synthetic oil for this car? I am looking for anything that can be easily bought at AZ, Wallyworld, AA, etc.

My currently stash of 30 weights is GC, Castrol Syntec SM, Valvoline synthetic, and G oil.

I already have a ton of K&N HP-1010 filters so I'm not too worried about that. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
From the selection that you have, the GC will work the best.

Currently I am running a mix of 0w40 and 5w30 in my vq40 and it seems to be loving it. May also allow me to go beyond 5k on the oci, UOA permitting.

I have the VQ35 engine that inhabits this G. I've run Ultra, PP, and Mobil 1 0w40. the Mobil 1 seems to quiet down the clatter at start up. I get slightly better gas mileage on the Ultra. Both of which I've run 10k changes. The PP seems to turn darkest the quickest and can only bring myself to run 5k on it. Have yet to try GC. I also hear that T6 works well in the VQ, again, I've never tried.

Hey thank you so much for the suggestions! I guess I will start with the GC since I have quite a bit of that. Mobil 1 0w40 sounds good too. Thank you again for all of the suggestions. Hopefully I can get the car for a good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back