Lubeguard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you any info on this product:
"Lubeguard Bio-Tech engine oil additive/protectant/treatment"

Is this a good product? Has any one used this with any good results?
any info is very welcome.

I have used Lubegard products in the past. I have tried the Lubegard for engines, the power steering supplement, and the transmission supplement.

I am convinced that the power steering supplement works. I had a problem during cold mornings with the power steering making whining noises. I put Lubegard power steering supplement in the power steering fluid and it did stop the noise in my car. I can't speak for anybody else.

I have had manual transmissions for a long time and I can't really say much about the transmission supplement. It is made mostly for automatic transmissions although you can put it in manual transmission fluid. But I will tell you one thing-go to a lot of automatic transmission repair shops and a lot of those shops use Lubegard.

The first time I ever tried the engine supplement it seemed like my car ran much smoother. I was impressed at the time-but then I decided that even if it works it is too expensive to be adding every oil change.

I used to be interested in and use some engine oil supplements but I have moved away from that. I think a person is better off using a good motor oil, good oil filters, and good air filters and leaving the oil supplements alone. About the only stuff I believe in now is Auto-RX, Neutra, and Schaeffer's 132. I will not put anything else in the engine. I would rather use a good motor oil like Schaeffer's Oil and forget about most of the oil supplements.

I tossed a bottle of Lubegard ATP into a ZF tranny with an overdrive that slipped. The car was the perfect guinea pig. The OD now engages firmly(but a little slow) and the harsh 1-2 shift is so much smoother. The owner is happy because the car can be driven on the highway again.

I was always careful what oil supplements I did use. I tried to find some evidence that a product really worked before I tried it.

I remember my Dad using STP Oil Treatment even in the wintertime, when we had to heat the stuff on the stove to get it to flow. Not saying anything negative about my Dad-he was an expert mechanic. And STP back in those days may have been a good thing, because motor oil was of low quality.

I did not have much confidence in the quality of most motor oils. The federal government used to have a program for spot checking motor oil. A lot of motor oil was mislabeled for viscosity and low in additive content. It was natural for people to look for the magic additive. Motor oil is a lot better today.

I never believed in or used Slick 50. But I did use Tufoil after reading a PM Magazine article about it. And Lubegard seemed pretty convincing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back