Which oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
should I use when doing the initial Auto-Rx treatment? I have a 2000 Camry 4 cylinder and I've been using Bosch Premium filters.

Just use a low cost filter since it won't be on there for very long. I definitely wouldn't recommend using a PureONE or Mobil 1 or any other "low micron" type filter, which might plug up very fast. The Bosch Premium might be too restrictive too.

I'd suggest just grabbing a Supertech filter instead. A Wix filter would also be a good choice, since they claim to have a large dirt capacity.

[ May 30, 2003, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: Patman ]

Oops!!! these numbers are driving me nuts. The 51365 if for my car. The WIX interchange to the PF 1177 is 51334. Then CJH posts a link giving 57082 as the interchange from the PF2244G instead of the 51365.

Yeah, ST. Not only is a ST about 2/3 the price, they have twice the filter area of a Fram PH 3950. Does anybody know how AC and WIX compare? I was going to buy a 51365 to compare to a PF 1177, but me dealerd didn't have one. The 1177 has 255 sq in, much more than any thing else I have cut open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back