Cyclocomputer... experiences/pros/cons...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Models that you like? Hated?

I'd like to keep this to the best unit that I can get for a $50 budget. I'm not training here, I'd just like some basic information while I'm riding.

Would prefer a wireless unit.

Can't add much here...but I also will be shopping for one soon. In the past I preferred the most simple ones that gave me basic info. After all, I'm out in the wind enjoying my ride and I don't overly want to focus on a gizmo with loads of info I don't need. I need speed, time, distance, and total distance. Not much else.

I like to have some options though, moving average speed is a good one. Max trip speed is fun too, so aren't tempted to look down when the dumb dog runs out...

I bought this Planet Bike Protege 9 recently and I like it as it shows quite a bit of info on a single screen. It also shows temperature, although, if you ride in the sun, that's the temp that you'll get, so maybe it's not all that useful.

There is a wireless version of it available, too; however, I've seen people complain that the wireless connection tends to be rather finicky, so I went with the wired one.

Late last summer I bought a wireless one from Target for about $20. Not sure of the model but the brand name is Bell. So far has worked fine. Has speed, average speed, temp, time of day, odometer, trip odometer etc. Since it is wireless it has two batteries and still the original ones. My wife has the wired version of it again bought at target and so far no problems with that one.

Originally Posted By: kwijibo
Late last summer I bought a wireless one from Target for about $20. Not sure of the model but the brand name is Bell. So far has worked fine. Has speed, average speed, temp, time of day, odometer, trip odometer etc. Since it is wireless it has two batteries and still the original ones. My wife has the wired version of it again bought at target and so far no problems with that one.

I have the same thing and it's been good to me over about 1400 miles so far. It is starting to get flaky; after it shuts off and I restart it, it will sometimes start in a different mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back