Auto-RX with a by-pass filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the recommendation for using Auto-RX with a by-pass filter where the oil is never drained, just the filters are changed?

I use a Gulf Coast bypass filter on my 95 Ford. After my normal Auto-Rx clean I changed FF filter, bypass filter and oil. Then I just added a maint. dose. The Gulf Coast bypass filter I have is good for 10K miles, but I change at 5K because of low mileage per year. Each bypass change on a 5 Quart system, I would add 1-2 ounce of Auto-Rx maint dose and the rest make-up oil.

I ask because you are not getting 1-2 oz of Auto-RX out with each by-pass filter change, or are you? Does the by-pass filter out the Auto-RX?

I asked that question a while back. Frank, of Auto-Rx, said that the bypass filter will not remove the Auto-Rx.

Ken

You are correct, the bypass filter does not remove the Auto-Rx. I just add the small maint. doseage because the new oil dilutes my ratio after the bypass filter change. Also I change the vertical hanging FF. So I am just trying to keep my ratio on my maint dose up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back