Just added Auto-RX...question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just added one bottle of Auto-RX to fresh oil and filter but I noticed one thing while adding the Auto-RX. I use a siphon with a screen and the Auto-RX went down very slow and left some grainy-like stuff on the sides of the siphon.
After that I just added without the siphon but I lost some of the grainy stuff.

Is this normal or was I supposed to shake the bottle? Thanks guys...can't wait until 500 miles.

The best thing to do when adding Auto-rx is to put the bottle in some hot water beforehand to help it from being as thick, or leave it outside on a hot day just before you put it in.

I'd run it a bit longer than 500 miles, go to 750 or 1000.

Please revisit www.auto-rx.com and click on "New Application Instructions" run your oil with Auto-Rx for 750 miles. We got a little to technical in matching mileage to type oil and thought these instructions would be easier to work with.

Stealth 26,
There is no grainy stuff,what you saw were tiny, tiny wax crystals encapsulated with Auto-Rx. They melt at normal engine temp (what's not needed goes to the filter. Auto-Rx always at right ratio for your oil and your engines condition). Take some and run them between your thumb and forefinger they melt immediately. Don't worry we make allowances for loss through slow pourability. You will get results you want safely. Auto-Rx is not only for initial cleansing it's good for the long haul by using every oil change (3 ounces), we don't have any thing but natural elements in product. Hope you read link on board regarding 'Esters and Oil'.
Frank

Thanks Frank and Patman. I plan on removing and replacing the oil filter at 500 and then change oil and filter after the next 500. I read what you wrote Frank about cars that had used synthetic (which I did for a while), so I'll go the 750+ on this treatment.

While adding the Auto-RX, the wax got caught in the screen and blocked flow so I had to dump some out into the used oil pan to clear the screen. Lost a little fluid and wax during the dump (about 1/8 bottle) so I just opened another bottle and added just a little, about what I had to dump out. Almost felt bad wasting some Auto-RX.
frown.gif

Glad I bought the 3 bottles.
smile.gif
I'll be doing the 3 ounces every oil change to keep things clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back