Can Auto-RX be left in 2000 miles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a really dirty engine, so I was thinking I could double the normal application time. Would that cause any harm?

Troy
dunno.gif

Mr. Hagy if your engine is as dirty as you state and with a high probabity you have used "Friction Reducers or some form of solvent additive cleaner"in your engine. You would need to follow application instructions for Toyota or Subaru.
Normal Application for cars over 100,000 miles do not fit your situation.

Just read them. It says NON-synthetic oil? Why? (just curious)

I was planning to use Mobil Delvac 1, but now that I saw that I'll go pick up some Delvac 1300.

Mr.Hagy here is your answer.
Frank

Member # 34

posted May 24, 2003 02:35 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Mystic, If you dial up auto-rx.com and click on "Application Link" you will see we are now standardizing on 750 miles, be it synthetic or dino in order to not cause confusion. Synthetic base oil is not why 750 miles, rather it's the complex additive package oil packagers put in this synthetic base stock. It takes Auto-Rx chemistry 750 miles to start cleaning metal where synthetic oil is being used. Sludge is another problem; we have seen no benefit in using synthetic oil for sludge removal and so we recommend dino oil when starting the cleansing process in sludged up engines. Complex additive packages in synthetic oil add to the sludge problem, therefore the dino oil is recommended for cleansing after which customer can use any oil of his choice.
Have a great Memorial Day
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 219 | From: Ormond Beach Fl | Registered: May 2002 | IP: Logged |

Mystic
Member # 1109

posted May 24, 2003 03:02 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back