Frank... I am a believer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very skeptical of Auto-Rx, but I bought it anyway. I ran it in two cars... a 1995 Mustang GT, and a 1999 Grand Am GT. I did not feel any performacne difference in either car. I ended the Mustang treatment at 700 miles, and went back to straight dino oil.

The Grand Am has a 3.4 V6 with only 45k well-maintained miles. Looking through the oil fill, the engine appeared very clean inside. I ran this treatment for 1200 miles with Mobil 5W-30 Drive clean Blend, and an oversized AC filter.

I did the oil change today, and just for laughs, I decided to open up the filter. While I did not find any obvious big peices of sludge, I could feel a lot of gritty substance trapped in the pleats. What really amazed me was the inside of the filter can. I had left it sitting inlet-side-up for an hour before cutting it open. After dissectiong the filter, I emptied the remaining oil into a drain pan, and found a considerable amount of a dirty slurry-like substance at the bottom.

I never expected to find so much junk in a filter that was only run for 1200 miles, on an engine that I presumed to be clean. Though I did not see any performance difference, I did not have any real problems, so I did not expect any improvement. From the amount of crud in the filter, I gotta believe that the product does what it is supposed to do.

Even though I bought the Auto-Rx, I still sorta felt that it was just snake oil. Cutting the filter open changed my mind.

I appreciate you taking time to share your experience with Auto-Rx and hopefully earning your trust re: Auto-Rx. As you know Auto-Rx works on ratio's. 6 Ounces in transmission-1 ounce in power sterring-2 ounces in differential and of course each application has a mileage factor.
As an engineer sure you will appreciate how Auto-Rx was formulated to refurbish seals if you have any comments would appreciate them. As Dyson says
Neutra in the gas Auto-Rx in the oil, some posts seem to think these are like chemistries and one is a lot less expensive. not correct
Thanks again
Frank

I noticed that "slurry" at the bottom of my oil filter can too! And bits of grit lining the can.. Got me worried. I hope that slurry didnt go round the engine when the oil filter goes into bypass when the engine is cold..

I'm changed it after 400ks into my Auto-RX treatment. The filter is about 1/2 the size of a coke can.. Im almost done 1200ks in total and I cant wait to pop the lid on the current filter!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back